The Student Room Group

border force training delivery manager OAC

Hi all,

was wondering if anyone has had their OAC for the border force training delivery manager and what it was like? is it role play and written exercise?

Also do you need a degree and any prior management experience for this job?

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lifelearningx23
Hi all,

was wondering if anyone has had their OAC for the border force training delivery manager and what it was like? is it role play and written exercise?

Also do you need a degree and any prior management experience for this job?

thanks

All the details were in the job ad. but the essential criteria were fairly general (no degree or teaching experience required). You do need to demonstrate management experience, but not necessarily work-related.

The OAC is just an interview (behaviours and strengths) - no role play or written tasks etc.

Good luck!
thank you for your help, did you hear back fast from your OAC?
thank you for your help, did you hear back fast from your OAC?

I haven't done mine yet, but I'll not be expecting a quick turnaround when I do!!
Reply 4
I had my online OAC last week and haven’t had a response yet.
Original post by Lamp79

how difficult was the OAC in your opinion, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 6
Hi
Can I ask what components you went through for the OAC? Role play / interview / written test / comprehension test?
I'm waiting for a date for mine

(Original post by Lamp79)
Reply 7
Original post by Busybee1976
Hi
Can I ask what components you went through for the OAC? Role play / interview / written test / comprehension test?
I'm waiting for a date for mine

(Original post by Lamp79)

It was a set of questions 10 or so I think. There was no test or anything. All the details about what was involved was in the emails they sent out
Reply 8
how difficult was the OAC in your opinion, if you don't mind me asking?

I answered all the questions. But not sure if it was the answers they are looking for. I would say that they are not something you can really prep for in advance.
is this role relatively new, can't find much previous info on it such as employee reviews etc?
Reply 10
is this role relatively new, can't find much previous info on it such as employee reviews etc?

No idea, I’ve never applied for a job there before or seen them advertised until this time
Reply 11
Original post by Lamp79
It was a set of questions 10 or so I think. There was no test or anything. All the details about what was involved was in the emails they sent out

How many competency questions did they ask? (Tell me a time when)
anyone who did the OAC for this role, how long did it take to hear back your result?
Reply 13
I’m still waiting for one outcome, it’s been about a month
been 2 weeks and still not heard anything back about my OAC, anyone else?
Reply 15
I’ve heard back from the second role I applied for. This was within a few days. I haven’t heard anything from the role I applied for in April.
Reply 16
I had my OAC on 27th April and heard nothing yet
Reply 17
Hi All,
I have my OAC today. I believe I am the last week of the bunch, they said at the end outcomes would be in the next few days.
I had 8 questions testing 4 strengths (2 for each) and 2 behaviours; Delivering at Pace and Developing Self and Others
It was via Zoom! Hope that helps
Reply 18
That’s good to know. That sounds like the same interview I had. Mine was towards the end of April.
Reply 19
Ah that’s good! Hopefully we’ll hear something soon then. What location are you going for may I ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending