The Student Room Group

Foundation course application

Hi
Just applied for a foundation course at AUB. I am worried that I won’t make the results needed to get in . I have depression and anxiety issues mainly due to the college I attend. So have got behind in my 2 course subjects . Teacher says I will be lucky to obtain a c grade in my 2 subjects. Will the University take into consideration the portfolio I have . Or am I doomed 🥲
Original post by all-night-libel
Hi
Just applied for a foundation course at AUB. I am worried that I won’t make the results needed to get in . I have depression and anxiety issues mainly due to the college I attend. So have got behind in my 2 course subjects . Teacher says I will be lucky to obtain a c grade in my 2 subjects. Will the University take into consideration the portfolio I have . Or am I doomed 🥲

Did the foundation course at AUB 8 years ago. I then had a substantial gap when I was out of higher education of four years and I then went back to AUB and I graduated with a First Class Degree last July.

I honestly wouldn't recommend it especially if you have pre existing mental health issues. I had mental health issues (anxiety and depression) both going into my foundation degree and my undergraduate degree and they became substantially worse upon completing the courses.

I think AUB are pretty strict about you getting two Cs in your A - Levels and a 4 in GCSE English and Maths for you to do the foundation so you might not be able to do the course if you don't get two Cs. Best of luck whatever happens. I'm sure you'll do fine.
Hi

Hi there!

First of all I wanted to congratulate you for applying for University despite your college not being able to support you! I am also sorry for the troubles you are experiencing.

I wanted to offer you some insights into Kingston Universities foundation course at the Kingston School of Art (KSA). I am a student at the KSA and couldn't recommend it more! The facilities within the art School are amazing to support a creative and provide you with so many opportunities. All of our workshops are open to foundation students and are definitely worth taking advantage of. Kingston University is also very supporting with mental health and in other areas such as careers (CV help, applications and jobs post University).

Here is the link to this course to provide you some more information:
https://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/art-design-media-practice-foundation-diploma/

I really hope this was hopeful and please let me know if you have nay more questions! I would also recommend viewing our Kingston University forum on The Student Room to gain more of an insight :smile:

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
Hi

Have you spoken to AUB about what happens if you don’t meet the A level conditions in your offer? Universities will often be able to reassure you that they usually have some flexibility.
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hi there!

First of all I wanted to congratulate you for applying for University despite your college not being able to support you! I am also sorry for the troubles you are experiencing.

I wanted to offer you some insights into Kingston Universities foundation course at the Kingston School of Art (KSA). I am a student at the KSA and couldn't recommend it more! The facilities within the art School are amazing to support a creative and provide you with so many opportunities. All of our workshops are open to foundation students and are definitely worth taking advantage of. Kingston University is also very supporting with mental health and in other areas such as careers (CV help, applications and jobs post University).

https://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/art-design-media-practice-foundation-diploma/

I really hope this was hopeful and please let me know if you have nay more questions! I would also recommend viewing our Kingston University forum on The Student Room to gain more of an insight :smile:

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Are you aware of ESFA rules on actively advertising to students outside your immediate region for FE funded courses like the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design?
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hi there!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

For reference
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/advice-funding-regulations-for-post-16-provision/advice-funding-regulations-for-post-16-provision-2023-to-2024#principles-and-conditions-of-funding
IMG_6928.jpeg

you would probably want to talk to your manager and whoever looks after compliance at Kingston about how and where you should promote the FAD course on TSR before making more posts along these lines.

Quick Reply

Latest