The Student Room Group

Foundation year finance

I have been accepted into UAL on both the foundation year and the degree. I can't find any information on whether or not I can apply for any maintenance loans for my foundation year. Am I suppose to apply for the degree part of the loan now before I start the foundation year or do I do that before starting the degree?
Original post by NovaHarp
I have been accepted into UAL on both the foundation year and the degree. I can't find any information on whether or not I can apply for any maintenance loans for my foundation year. Am I suppose to apply for the degree part of the loan now before I start the foundation year or do I do that before starting the degree?

Hi there, what university and course are you looking to apply for? When is your course due to start? Have you studied previously? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, what university and course are you looking to apply for? When is your course due to start? Have you studied previously? Thanks, Karen

HI Karen, I have been accepted onto the Art Foundation year and Fine Art Degree course at UAL. They are two separate courses and not integrated. I am deferring the degree and doing the foundation first. Since the foundation is free because I am under 19 when I start, I assume that I do not need to apply for the student loan until next year when I will start the degree. Is that correct? I also assume I'm not entitled to a maintenance loan for the separate foundation as I couldn't find that on the website.
Original post by NovaHarp
HI Karen, I have been accepted onto the Art Foundation year and Fine Art Degree course at UAL. They are two separate courses and not integrated. I am deferring the degree and doing the foundation first. Since the foundation is free because I am under 19 when I start, I assume that I do not need to apply for the student loan until next year when I will start the degree. Is that correct? I also assume I'm not entitled to a maintenance loan for the separate foundation as I couldn't find that on the website.

If you are looking to apply for funding for your foundation year you can do so by submitting an application for the team to review. Once this has been processed the team will be in contact with you to confirm the funding you are entitled to receive.

If you aren't looking to apply for funding until the year after then you wouldn't submit an application until next year. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending