The Student Room Group

Application 2024

Hi all, I’ve applied on UCAS in early December and I have only received 1 offer from Durham so far. My predicted grades are 4A* and they are very achievable. The problem is I have already applied once last year and it didn’t end up well as my grades were bad last year. I have redone my A-levels this year, and I’m not sure if the unis are going to like that.

By the way, is anyone here applying to UCL for PPE this year? And have you heard anything from them yet?
Reply 1
Update: got rejected by King’s college this morning
Reply 2
Original post by CharlieWx

Kings for PPE ? Don’t worry mate, I got rejected by Oxford and Lse

Did they say why? But I'm sorry to hear that 😔
Reply 4
Original post by A h
Kings for PPE ? Don’t worry mate, I got rejected by Oxford and Lse

Econ and management in Kings
Reply 5
Original post by ImmortalSnail20
Did they say why? But I'm sorry to hear that 😔

Don’t know yet, bout to send them an email to ask
Reply 6
Update: got my A* in Econ and A in Chinese. A* for math and business are pretty much solid now as long as I don’t fail any exams in may June exam season.
Still only have an offer from Durham for finance, KCL rejected me for not as competitive as other applicants(Econ and management). Still waiting for PPE at UCL, Econ and finance from Bristol(got second email telling me my application is still on hold), and international business, finance & Econ at Manchester.
The funny thing is that I already got accepted by UofMelbourne, so if the application to UCL isn’t successful I may just go to Australia instead.
Reply 7
Update: got my A* in Econ and A in Chinese. A* for math and business are pretty much solid now as long as I don’t fail any exams in may June exam season.
Still only have an offer from Durham for finance, KCL rejected me for not as competitive as other applicants(Econ and management). Still waiting for PPE at UCL, Econ and finance from Bristol(got second email telling me my application is still on hold), and international business, finance & Econ at Manchester.
The funny thing is that I already got accepted by UofMelbourne, so if the application to UCL isn’t successful I may just go to Australia instead.
What course at kcl ?
Reply 8
Rejected by UCL today, gonna try to contact them and see if there are any chance that they could change their decision as the reason for the rejection is not really convincing to me
Reply 9
Called UCL today and apparently I got rejected because my school made a mistake when filling in my predicted grades, any chance that they would reconsider my application if my school contacts UCL about it?
Reply 10
Called UCL today and apparently I got rejected because my school made a mistake when filling in my predicted grades, any chance that they would reconsider my application if my school contacts UCL about it?

yeah deffo, that is not your fault so you cannot be held liable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending