The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Where can I find fellow students who want to house share?

If you’re anything like me, the idea of finding a house at Uni was super nerve wracking! For me, halls of residence was my home for first year which provided a seamless transition from home to living on my own.

Soon after moving in for first year, talks for second year housing had already started which was overwhelming to decide who you will live with and discussing finances. Don’t panic when people start talking about a second year home as I didn’t find mine until May! There are definitely enough options so don’t worry. Leaving it to a little bit later also makes it clear about what friends you would want to live with as you have more time to get to know each other and think without pressure and rushing anything.

First point of call for me was finding out what the people in my halls were doing as it can give you a good starting point but if that isn’t for you then definitely try your course! If you’re on a course group chat and looking for housemates then send a message as you might find people in the same situation or people looking for someone to take a room in their house!

If you have Facebook, checking or posting on the Kingston freshers Facebook page is also a great place to look! Like a course group chat, there is always someone looking for someone to take a room or a number of people looks for others to look for!

At Kingston, some of the halls of residence are also open for second years if you wanted to carry on with that housing, which is a great option and in most cases it is cheaper and less hassle!

Please reply to share information about how you found people to house share with or if you are struggling now!

-Yasmin(Kingston rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending