The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The University of Edinburgh Accommodation

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for the University of Edinburgh accommodation. I would be looking for a self-catered, shared bathroom room. Currently I'm looking at the cheapest options but was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations or advice? I'm doing a Maths degree so ideally it would be near King's building however I don't think there's very many first year flats near there.
Thank you :smile:
Hello, I am also a Maths applicant. Based off what I've seen, Brae House, Haddington Place, and Salisbury Court seem really nice.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for the University of Edinburgh accommodation. I would be looking for a self-catered, shared bathroom room. Currently I'm looking at the cheapest options but was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations or advice? I'm doing a Maths degree so ideally it would be near King's building however I don't think there's very many first year flats near there.

Hey! I'm a first year architecture student at Edi and currently stay in Salisbury Court. It's quite pricey and I know that all rent prices are going up for your year. A lot of the accommodations are near central and the few places near Kings, I haven't heard much about and don't know anyone that stays there. The uni has a shuttle bus to Kings and Edinburgh as a city has a pretty good bus system for commuting. For the central accommodations, I've heard that Darroch, Sciennes and Shrubhill are quite nice and are in the £4-6K range. Many of the people that I've met that were put in Riego Street hated it and transferred so there's that. Also, rumour that Brae has an ever-persistent stink? Take these last two with a grain of salt though.
Original post by 'Thematics
Hello, I am also a Maths applicant. Based off what I've seen, Brae House, Haddington Place, and Salisbury Court seem really nice.

I applied to all of these places last year! :smile: Really do recommend Salisbury Court since I'm staying in it, only downside is the extortionate laundry prices (£3.30 per wash and £1.90 for the dryer) which racks up pretty quickly
Does anyone have any advice on catered vs self-catered accommodation? Currently leaning towards catered, so any advice on which hall is the best?
Hi,

Hey! I have lots of accommodations options available through my network. I would love to help my fellow students who are looking for all bills included with Wi-fi accommodation for March, June, July & September (Fall) Intake 2023.

Feel free to reach out. Happy to help🙂
Original post by Anonymous#13
Does anyone have any advice on catered vs self-catered accommodation? Currently leaning towards catered, so any advice on which hall is the best?

Catered accommodations are good as they look into all safety standards and also saves time of the student as almost all of the accommodations are within close proximity to the university. You can check out www.universityliving.com
Original post by Anonymous#13

One thing to note about the catered accommodation (Pollock Halls) is that they only serve breakfast and dinner. I believe only brunch and dinner on the weekends. And these are all set to a certain time limit, so if you miss the allotted time, you don't get served food. This is what my friends in the catered houses have told me. That being said, I've been told that the catered food is actually pretty good and you can get as much as you want.
Warrender Park Crescent (12 minute walk through the Meadows to George Sq) and Mylnes Court (one of the oldest courtyards in Edinburgh next to the castle) are lovely. Brae House, Haddington Place etc are quite far away and you'd probably bus it. Pollock food is a bit meh, and also it's 20 mins walk. to GS. there are some big houses on the lists near Kings, and remember that there's a shuttle but during the day for free, and under 22's get free bus and tram travel all over Scotland!
Hi,
Want to know which uni accommodation will be near Moray house? Best for muslims?
https://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/our-accommodation/
Depends if UG or PG where as there are both nearby.
You could ask them about that as there may be certain flats exclusively muslim. My older daughter is vegan and was given a flat at St Andrews where everyone was vegetarian and vegan 2 years ago when in student accommodation. My younger daughter is at Edinburgh in an all-girls flat, as a flatmate requested that.
Original post by North London1
Warrender Park Crescent (12 minute walk through the Meadows to George Sq) and Mylnes Court (one of the oldest courtyards in Edinburgh next to the castle) are lovely. Brae House, Haddington Place etc are quite far away and you'd probably bus it. Pollock food is a bit meh, and also it's 20 mins walk. to GS. there are some big houses on the lists near Kings, and remember that there's a shuttle but during the day for free, and under 22's get free bus and tram travel all over Scotland!
what are the best options to stay in near Kings buildings?
Original post by Anonymous #4
what are the best options to stay in near Kings buildings?
Kitchener's house

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending