The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Parkwood Flats - University of Kent

I'm currently living in the Parkwood Flats so if you have any questions I'd be happy to help .
Hey fellow, whats up?

I am applying for Park wood flats this year as my first choice, though I am thinking about changing because it is way more expensive than houses and haven't heard of many people going there... considering you live there, I would like to ask you is it true that it promotes more contact and interactions with the others than houses? And what do you consider most special about it that you reckon as an advantage that distinguishes it for those who choose to live there?

I wanted a place that included a greater portion of foreign students, for I myself come from abroad, and park wood is said to be the most advantageous in that aspect. I also thought of going for the twin room option, really found it a promising experience, like the "American Dream" seen in the movies, but right away realized what could go wrong...

How is the environment, in general: partying and also comradeship? I am like an enthusiastic foreign who wants to have amazing experiences and make friendships along the course.

Thanks in advance
(edited 7 years ago)
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Original post by Eccentric Goatie
Hey fellow, whats up?

I am applying for Park wood flats this year as my first choice, though I am thinking about changing because it is way more expensive than houses and haven't heard of many people going there... considering you live there, I would like to ask you is it true that it promotes more contact and interactions with the others than houses? And what do you consider most special about it that you reckon as an advantage that distinguishes it for those who choose to live there?

I wanted a place that included a greater portion of foreign students, for I myself come from abroad, and park wood is said to be the most advantageous in that aspect. I also thought of going for the twin room option, really found it a promising experience, like the "American Dream" seen in the movies, but right away realized what could go wrong...

How is the environment, in general: partying and also comradeship? I am like an enthusiastic foreign who wants to have amazing experiences and make friendships along the course.

Thanks in advance

Hey, thanks for the questions.
I don't think Parkwood houses have any less interaction, on the first day there were a lot of people who came to the flats from the houses for the parties. If you're not too concerned about sharing a a bathroom I would suggest saving your money and going into the houses.

Also if you don't mind sharing a room sure go for sharing, if it saves money go for it. As a whole if your open and enthusiastic then you shouldn't have a problem with parkwood, it's a great community and you'l find people from all types of backgrounds. I have loved it there and have met the most amazing people.
Original post by Deedee44
Hey, thanks for the questions.
I don't think Parkwood houses have any less interaction, on the first day there were a lot of people who came to the flats from the houses for the parties. If you're not too concerned about sharing a a bathroom I would suggest saving your money and going into the houses.

Also if you don't mind sharing a room sure go for sharing, if it saves money go for it. As a whole if your open and enthusiastic then you shouldn't have a problem with parkwood, it's a great community and you'l find people from all types of backgrounds. I have loved it there and have met the most amazing people.

Yeah like I am kinda concerned with the question of sharing a room, as lots of people have adamantly advise against this innovation of twin rooms... Deep down, I am kinda enthusiastic about this, my roommate doesn't need to be exactly like me, and there might be some divergences but thats normal I guess. But everyone around me is calling me crazy and they might have a point when arguing it is more likely that I get weirdos/problematic roommates and then won't be able to change rooms because its all full. On the other hand, i like to thank weirdos/dealers/psychos won't be choosing a shared room, instead an individual room... what do you think? Do you know anyone who has chosen this and liked, or the other way around?
Reply 4
Original post by Eccentric Goatie
Yeah like I am kinda concerned with the question of sharing a room, as lots of people have adamantly advise against this innovation of twin rooms... Deep down, I am kinda enthusiastic about this, my roommate doesn't need to be exactly like me, and there might be some divergences but thats normal I guess. But everyone around me is calling me crazy and they might have a point when arguing it is more likely that I get weirdos/problematic roommates and then won't be able to change rooms because its all full. On the other hand, i like to thank weirdos/dealers/psychos won't be choosing a shared room, instead an individual room... what do you think? Do you know anyone who has chosen this and liked, or the other way around?

I don't actually know anyone sharing a room, or where these room are located in parkwood. If you're open to sharing and have an open mind go for it, worse comes to worse the university is usually very good at fining a new room if one is available.
Reply 5
Hi, do they have flats where you share it with one person but have separate rooms to sleep? And do they have singular flats?
Reply 6
Do you know if you're able to choose who you share a twin room with?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending