The Student Room Group

safety in campus/teesside surrounding areas?

Just a general question about this university, I have heard good things but also not so great thing about the surrounding areas. I am a mature student and dont mind living out alone renting my own flat, and can commute to uni with car, I am bit anxious and worried about car crime and theft in the area, what is the safety like in campus? and what areas I can look into renting? thanks in advance
Original post by Anonymous #1
Just a general question about this university, I have heard good things but also not so great thing about the surrounding areas. I am a mature student and dont mind living out alone renting my own flat, and can commute to uni with car, I am bit anxious and worried about car crime and theft in the area, what is the safety like in campus? and what areas I can look into renting? thanks in advance

Hiya!

I completely understand your concerns and security and safety is definitely an important factor to think about in regards to being at university. I would recommend researching into your campus security and the type of services it provides to its students (this should be found somewhere on the university website) and also how you can report something. In addition, see and research how the university informs its students on how to stay safe through campaigns and awareness.

Perhaps if you can visit the university at an Open Day, you can speak to the security team on site as well as the students that attend the university then they can let you know by living and being familiar in that area about the security. At the end of the day, you want to be studying somewhere where you can feel comfortable and reassured on the campus / city.

I hope this helps,
Maddie, second year Health and well-being in society student at De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending