The Student Room Group

Which uni area is more "dangerous"

Just curious, which University would it be more dangeous to go to, Liverpool John Moore University or Ulaw in central leeds? Where do you think you would be more likely to get robbed or attacked or have any other crime happen on you.
Both unis are equally as dangerous as each other. They’re both gonna rob you of £9,000 a year.
Reply 2
Original post by RichPiana
Both unis are equally as dangerous as each other. They’re both gonna rob you of £9,000 a year.

Best reply I've seen
Reply 3
I attend Liverpool John Moores University and it seems safe to me and Liverpool as a city is a safe city to live in compared to other cities that I've been to.

Original post by Oliver455
Just curious, which University would it be more dangeous to go to, Liverpool John Moore University or Ulaw in central leeds? Where do you think you would be more likely to get robbed or attacked or have any other crime happen on you.

Hi there,

So I have lived in Liverpool for a long time, and I have never experienced any issues. Both cities are large, and like all urban area there can be occasional issues with crime, but by in large you won't experience any problem and I would say that both Leeds and Liverpool have similar levels of crime. As long as you are sensible you will be fine.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Hi @Oliver455 - so happy that you're considering Liverpool John Moores University!

Liverpool is a safe city. On the whole, Liverpool has a similar crime rate to comparable areas like Leeds, Birmingham, Salford and Manchester.

Our nightlife scene is considered one of the safest in the country, retaining our Purple Flag status for a record 14 years! This means that we have proven to have a vibrant night-life that is internationally recognised to have safe and thriving locations that keep security, and having an amazing time, paramount.

On campus, you're also covered - our Student Life Building is open 24/7 with LJMU security staff always on site.

We have a university police officer, PC Martin Triggs who students can speak to in confidence. He’s available in the Student Life Building every Monday, Thursday and Friday 10am to 12 midday.

You can get specific support from our Student Advice and Wellbeing team, including from specially trained Sexual Violence Liaison Advisors. In person and online appointments are always available to book.

Hope to see you on campus soon!

Charlotte
Liverpool John Moores University staff

Hi there!

I am from Liverpool and also studied here, so I have experienced almost all areas of the city. Although I have never spent a lot of time in Leeds, I can imagine there is crime there just as much as Liverpool, like any city! You just need to have your wits about you and be aware of your surroundings, especially on nights out and things.

If you attend Liverpool, Leeds, or any other city, you always need to be careful and sensible. Like @LJMU Rep 2 has said, make sure you know where your security lodge would be surrounding your accommodation/campus etc., as they would be your first port of call.

On nights out in our city, ensure you head out in groups as being in numbers is always safer. Have your phones fully charged or bring a portable charger, so you can keep in contact with others.

I hope this helps :smile:

Estelle
Graduate Advocate

Hi @Oliver455

Both areas have similar levels of crime, but I think what would be best is if you focus on keeping yourself safe and how to manage safety when living in big cities.

I hope this helps!

Estelle
Third Year Psychology
University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending