The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths A-level self study

Hey guys,

So, my attendance has been terrible since Year 12 due to mental and physical health issues. My other subject teachers have been incredibly supportive however my Maths teachers have treated me like a deadweight and have not wanted to help me because they think its too late each time.

I am capable, I got a Grade 8 in GCSE maths and work incredibly hard under usual circumstances.

But I need advice, I've got just over 3 months until my first A-level exam and I am currently studying using Uplearn but tend to forget old topics as I learn new ones, no matter how much recall I do.

What is the best way to teach myself the missing gaps in Maths and is there enough time to get a decent grade of a B?
YouTube videos, Hinds Maths, Bicen Maths, TL Maths and ExamSolutions.

Also, MathsGenie has alot of past papers to do.

Don't forget to practice writing out key facts for Maths, so you can recall it later on. 😉
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
YouTube videos, Hinds Maths, Bicen Maths, TL Maths and ExamSolutions.

Also, MathsGenie has alot of past papers to do.

Don't forget to practice writing out key facts for Maths, so you can recall it later on. 😉

Thank you!!!

How often should I do past papers? For example, even if I don't know all the content should I do some or should I wait until I've completed the content?
Original post by zazoo2005
Thank you!!!

How often should I do past papers? For example, even if I don't know all the content should I do some or should I wait until I've completed the content?

Go crazy with past papers at the end of your course once you've completed your course.

Quick Reply

Latest