The Student Room Group

Evidence for placement year

Hello,

I applied for my student finance a few days ago and on my account it says I need to provide proof of work placement. My first placement will be at the end of my first year after 2nd semester, it's labeled as "cross year" on the surrey university's website. At present, I still only have a conditional offer letter from the university of surrey, how can I provide proof of placement if I haven't even started the course yet?

Secondly, on my student finance account it says 'Academic Year 2023' followed by the name of the course and the university, I am to start the course in September 2024, why does my student finance account say Academic Year 2023? Is this correct?

Also, I am married and entered my partner's details. He was prompted to sign up to student finance and click on 'support an application' but when he enters my customer reference number and my date of birth, the student finance website says there's no account under those details. We have re-entered my details multiple times but the website keeps saying no account exists under those details even though I have submitted my student finance application

Please help
Original post by vadeyemi2
Hello,

I applied for my student finance a few days ago and on my account it says I need to provide proof of work placement. My first placement will be at the end of my first year after 2nd semester, it's labeled as "cross year" on the surrey university's website. At present, I still only have a conditional offer letter from the university of surrey, how can I provide proof of placement if I haven't even started the course yet?

Secondly, on my student finance account it says 'Academic Year 2023' followed by the name of the course and the university, I am to start the course in September 2024, why does my student finance account say Academic Year 2023? Is this correct?

Also, I am married and entered my partner's details. He was prompted to sign up to student finance and click on 'support an application' but when he enters my customer reference number and my date of birth, the student finance website says there's no account under those details. We have re-entered my details multiple times but the website keeps saying no account exists under those details even though I have submitted my student finance application

Please help

Hi there,

For courses that start in September it's a 24/25 application that you should make.

These will open in the next month or two, don't worry. So, for now we'd recommend cancelling your application because it's for the wrong academic year.

Regarding your other questions, what is the name of your course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

For courses that start in September it's a 24/25 application that you should make.

These will open in the next month or two, don't worry. So, for now we'd recommend cancelling your application because it's for the wrong academic year.

Regarding your other questions, what is the name of your course?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme thanks for getting back to me. I want to study Nutrition and Dietetics Bsc at University of Surrey, the first placement of the course is in the first year and the 2nd placement is in the 3rd year
(edited 2 months ago)
Hi Graeme thanks for getting back to me. I want to study Nutrition and Dietetics Bsc at University of Surrey, the first placement of the course is in the first year and the 2nd placement is in the 3rd year

Thanks - for these types of courses we don't actually need proof of any placements because they're integral to your course.

So, when you re-apply just ignore that request: it will disappear once your application is approved.

Last of all, your partner can use a PFF2 form if he can't provide his details online. It doesn't need to be signed or dated, and you can upload it on your account.

The PFF2s will open at the same time the applications do, and you can find the form here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/studying-full-time-in-england-and-qualify-for-support-with-tuition-fees-and-living-costs/send-parent-or-partner-s-income-detail-for-example-pff2-or-cyi

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thanks - for these types of courses we don't actually need proof of any placements because they're integral to your course.

So, when you re-apply just ignore that request: it will disappear once your application is approved.

Last of all, your partner can use a PFF2 form if he can't provide his details online. It doesn't need to be signed or dated, and you can upload it on your account.

The PFF2s will open at the same time the applications do, and you can find the form here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/studying-full-time-in-england-and-qualify-for-support-with-tuition-fees-and-living-costs/send-parent-or-partner-s-income-detail-for-example-pff2-or-cyi

Thanks, Graeme

Thanks so much Graeme!
Thanks so much Graeme!

You're welcome. If you have any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending