The Student Room Group

What are your favourite pancake toppings?

This poll is closed

What are your favourite pancake toppings?

Lemon and sugar 25%
Maple syrup 23%
Nutella/chocolate spread 41%
Ham and cheese 3%
Just sugar 4%
Something else! Tell us more in the comments4%
Total votes: 167
Happy pancake day everyone!

How many pancakes will you be having today? And, more importantly, what will be your toppings?

Will you be keeping things simple with lemon and sugar or getting creative with something else?

Post a pancake picture below :smile:
Anything with honey.
Original post by random_matt
Anything with honey.

Great shout!
Original post by Vic Vinegar
Happy pancake day everyone!

How many pancakes will you be having today? And, more importantly, what will be your toppings?

Will you be keeping things simple with lemon and sugar or getting creative with something else?

Post a pancake picture below :smile:

I'm a classic lemon and sugar girlie 😋 (best combo ever, c'mon now!!) haven't made pancakes so far today though :frown:
Original post by emm4nuella
I'm a classic lemon and sugar girlie 😋 (best combo ever, c'mon now!!) haven't made pancakes so far today though :frown:

Yeah I agree - it's a classic for a reason! :smile:
oooh i haven't had pancakes in a while, but my favorite topping is nutella or some kind of chocolate
I think the stove in my halls kitchen is kaput - had made a small amount of batter poured it in the pan, and even though the stove was on max heat it wasn't cooking at all... :sadnod: (was there in the pan on max heat for almost over 30 minutes and nothing)
So no pancakes for me :cry:

To answer the question I like nutella or strawberry jam on my pancakes :yum:
(edited 2 months ago)
I remember when my mum used to work in a creperie and they did all sorts of both savoury (made with buckwheat flour) and sweet (made the usual way) crepes. Ham and cheese was a great choice there!
Original post by artful_lounger
I remember when my mum used to work in a creperie and they did all sorts of both savoury (made with buckwheat flour) and sweet (made the usual way) crepes. Ham and cheese was a great choice there!

crepes aren't pancakes
I like bacon stripes with fried muschrooms and grated cheese. A good savoury topping as meal.
Didnt make any! Just had some Ormeau ones
Sugar all the way
Cinnamon and sugar! :cookie: No pancakes today unfortunately :cry:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
crepes aren't pancakes

I'm American and believe me what you people call pancakes are also not pancakes.

They're closer to crepes than pancakes :tongue:
crepes aren't pancakes

That is true. They are different in thickness and preparation. In contrast to pancake dough, melted butter is added to the ingredients.
Reply 14
i loooove biscoff spread on pancakes
buy me biscoff spread and i am a happpyyy gal👌
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by artful_lounger
I'm American and believe me what you people call pancakes are also not pancakes.

They're closer to crepes than pancakes :tongue:

idk what you mean by american pancakes. the only pancakes i've had were homemade by my mom. i've also had homemade crepes, and yeah, there's a difference
Original post by Mari_07
i loooove biscoff spread on pancakes
buy me biscoff spread and i am a happpyyy gal👌

omg! we love biscoff's lotus cookies sooo much, i didn't know there was a spread!
Reply 17
omg! we love biscoff's lotus cookies sooo much, i didn't know there was a spread!

yyyhhhhh i love biscoff tooo
i litch got it from tescos😂

Quick Reply

Latest