The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

War studies at KCL

I applied for War studies at KCL, as well as Politics/Politics and IR at KCL, UCL, Edinburgh and Bristol. Ive recieved offers from Bristol (ABB) and KCL War studies (AAA). On the one hand, both my dad and i keep hearing professors from the war studies dept on the radio, podcasts ect, so we think it was rather reputable and a solid course. However my mum and my brother are more skeptical, with even my brother calling it 'a nothing subject' :/.
I can't really change much now, as I've already applied, but if anyone could let me know, so i know to put it as my insurance or not. Thanks
Original post by hannnahfeldman
I applied for War studies at KCL, as well as Politics/Politics and IR at KCL, UCL, Edinburgh and Bristol. Ive recieved offers from Bristol (ABB) and KCL War studies (AAA). On the one hand, both my dad and i keep hearing professors from the war studies dept on the radio, podcasts ect, so we think it was rather reputable and a solid course. However my mum and my brother are more skeptical, with even my brother calling it 'a nothing subject' :/.
I can't really change much now, as I've already applied, but if anyone could let me know, so i know to put it as my insurance or not. Thanks

King's war studies department is exceptionally well regarded. King's virtually invented the subject in UK universities.
(edited 2 months ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I have also heard that Kings war studies is fantastic so definitely look into it . And IR is in the war studies department at kings
Have you heard from them or just war studies ?
Good luck with the rest
Reply 3
I think it's a good course, most important is that it's something you think you'll enjoy.
Hi, I'm a first year War Studies student and I highly recommend the course at KCL. The teaching staff here are exceptional and all experts in their field. While the War Studies department isn't well-known generally (outside of the field), within the field of IR and conflict and security studies, etc it is extrmely well-regarded. If you're worried about the title of the course, I wouldn't worry too much as there is only a difference in IR and WS in first year at king's. In second and third year, IR and WS students choose from the same pool of modules so essentially could end up doing pretty much the same degree despite the difference in title.

Quick Reply

Latest