The Student Room Group

MSc defence development and diplomacy

Does anyone have experience of Durham´s MSc in defence, development and diplomacy. I have an unconditional offer of a place but as it was launched only last year it would be interesting to hear from someone with experience of the program before making a decision.
Reply 1
Hey!

I receive an unconditional offer as well, and I've been wondering the same thing about the MSc. However, I did find an interesting bit of commentary on it while I was researching Durham. In Ustinov College's newsletter, one of the contributors said that it "sounds like an amazing course." If anything, the MSc seems to have a solid rep on campus!
Reply 2
I am an American international student, and I got an offer for the same.

Durham is a great university, but I probably will decline or defer (I want two masters in my field) since I got offers from UCL MSc Security Studies and KCL MA War Studies (I can't decide between those two).
Reply 3
King's College has an the best reputation in war studies in the U.K. They have a fair amount of American students as well.
Reply 4
GRJ
OP
Original post by CNUkid

Original post by CNUkid
Hey!

I receive an unconditional offer as well, and I've been wondering the same thing about the MSc. However, I did find an interesting bit of commentary on it while I was researching Durham. In Ustinov College's newsletter, one of the contributors said that it "sounds like an amazing course." If anything, the MSc seems to have a solid rep on campus!

Thank you for that, I will have to try to find it. Then maybe we will meet next October. It is good to know others are having the same thoughts that I have about the course.
Reply 5
By the way, I accepted my offer a week or so ago! I decided that it was the best of the options offered to me. :biggrin:
Reply 6
GRJ
OP
Original post by CNUkid
By the way, I accepted my offer a week or so ago! I decided that it was the best of the options offered to me. :biggrin:

I also accepted my offer today
Reply 7
Original post by GRJ
I also accepted my offer today

Sweet, I'll see you in October then!
Reply 8
Hey!

I'm going to be on this course as well. I've applied to University College, but will be living in private accommodation. Looking forward to meeting some of you soon!

Toby
Reply 9
Guys I have received the offer from Durham University in Msc Defense, development, and diplomacy and I was considering my future options. Can the seniors please help me with future options in career?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending