The Student Room Group

Student Finance for Midwifery

I've been offered a place to study Midwifery at the Uni of Northampton for September 2024
I've not accepted it yet (as I'm still waiting to hear back from all my choices) but I'm pretty certain I'm choosing UON as my firm choice.

Do I apply for student finance now or once I've formally accepted/made it my firm? I don't want to leave it too late as I believe I might get extra grants due to my living situation
Reply 1
Original post by lauren.eIizabeth
I've been offered a place to study Midwifery at the Uni of Northampton for September 2024
I've not accepted it yet (as I'm still waiting to hear back from all my choices) but I'm pretty certain I'm choosing UON as my firm choice.

Do I apply for student finance now or once I've formally accepted/made it my firm? I don't want to leave it too late as I believe I might get extra grants due to my living situation

Apply for it asap so that everything is in place for you when you start your course in September as it takes time sometimes to sort out.
You'll usually need a letter of confirmation from your university that you been accepted.
Ask the student finance company who deals with things about anything else you might be entitled to when you apply.

And look forward to three years of very hard work as a student midwife.

A NHS registered midwife
I think applications open next month! So you're not late applying ☺️
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by lauren.eIizabeth

You can apply without accepting an offer and it is easy to change the uni in your student finance application at any time. Student Finance England applications open in March. As you're applying to a uni in England, you will be also be able to apply to the NHS Learning Support Fund for the annual training grant and other financial support once you have confirmation of your eligibility for student finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending