The Student Room Group

Apllication for ba honours acting lipa

Does anyone know how long it takes for lipa to get back to you I sent in application via ucas on 24th jan not heard anything yet re either audition or not accepted
Have emailed them last week they said not yet processed just seems a long time as already auditioned and been given 2 offers for 2 other universities and got 2 more auditions in next 2 weeks
Lipa seem to be taking a long time

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucyloo18
Does anyone know how long it takes for lipa to get back to you I sent in application via ucas on 24th jan not heard anything yet re either audition or not accepted
Have emailed them last week they said not yet processed just seems a long time as already auditioned and been given 2 offers for 2 other universities and got 2 more auditions in next 2 weeks
Lipa seem to be taking a long time

My daughter had her auditions (morning and afternoon) mid December and she has been offered a place 7 weeks later. Hope this helps & good luck!
Reply 2
Thank you I have now heard from them and have audition this saturday
Original post by Lucyloo18
Thank you I have now heard from them and have audition this saturday

Awww perfect. Good luck to you! And sorry, I misunderstood your question thinking you asked for turn around time. But in case you have a long wait after your audition, you now know that it can take long 😌
How did your audition go?

I’m trying to work out how many first rounds they have left to do? My son did his final recall (got through to the afternoon) in December and we’re still waiting for an outcome.

It’s like he’s been unofficially waitlisted while they see if they like other people more than him. It’s torture - other people seem to be getting offers or rejections but he’s heard nothing 😬
Original post by AuditionMum

I’m trying to work out how many first rounds they have left to do? My son did his final recall (got through to the afternoon) in December and we’re still waiting for an outcome.

It’s like he’s been unofficially waitlisted while they see if they like other people more than him. It’s torture - other people seem to be getting offers or rejections but he’s heard nothing 😬

I really hope you hear soon! What a long wait that is. My daughter had a missed call from the head of Acting yesterday, she was at school. He left a voicemail - just to see how she was and telling her how much they loved her audition and how much they would love for her to train there. As you know by now, she accepted the offer. But what a sweet thing to do ☺️
I like this chat very much
Original post by AuditionMum2024
I really hope you hear soon! What a long wait that is. My daughter had a missed call from the head of Acting yesterday, she was at school. He left a voicemail - just to see how she was and telling her how much they loved her audition and how much they would love for her to train there. As you know by now, she accepted the offer. But what a sweet thing to do ☺️
That is nice. Though it underlines how undecided they are about my son, or how unimportant they think he is! The wait and lack of contact kind of puts my son off now to be honest. To not have even sent a holding email in all this time is a bit rude.

LIPA is one school that waits for everyone to do their auditions until they start giving out offers. For example, I know people including myself who are still doing their first round audition for them in March. So that’s probably why there is such a big hold. I 100% agree they should send out a email explaining this because a lot of people are confused. It’s only that I currently go to LIPA Sixth Form that I can get more of an insight.
Thanks so much for this. It just seems so weird that some people have offers already (and are getting check-ins from the head of acting already) and others just radio silence. I really value you saying this is normal though and the offers are unusual.
Thanks so much for this. It just seems so weird that some people have offers already (and are getting check-ins from the head of acting already) and others just radio silence. I really value you saying this is normal though and the offers are unusual.

Ah yeah I agree! Very strange, there’s been a mix up somewhere. Hope you find out soon😄
That is nice. Though it underlines how undecided they are about my son, or how unimportant they think he is! The wait and lack of contact kind of puts my son off now to be honest. To not have even sent a holding email in all this time is a bit rude.

I completely understand why this is frustrating and it would have been nice if they could have told you a little more assuring information once you emailed. Don’t let this put off your son and fingers crossed you find out really soon!
I completely understand why this is frustrating and it would have been nice if they could have told you a little more assuring information once you emailed. Don’t let this put off your son and fingers crossed you find out really soon!
Just a holding would be good email really. All the other colleges do that if the response takes a while (which is understandable as there are 1000s of candidates!).
Just a holding would be good email really. All the other colleges do that if the response takes a while (which is understandable as there are 1000s of candidates!).

♥️
Reserve List! He’s good with that 🎉

I’m so so so happy for you both! Reserve list is amazing and such an achievement! 🥳 Well done and I keep my fingers crossed!

My daughter is on the reserve list too! Fingers crossed for your son. I understand there is a lot of movement shortly so hoping they both make the cut! Best of luck to your son x

Do you mind me asking which audition day your daughter did?
Original post by Dramamum
Do you mind me asking which audition day your daughter did?

Hey! Yeah, it was on the 15th December. What about yours?
January 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending