The Student Room Group

AS-Level Grades for US and Canadian schools

Hi. I received my AS-Level Results. I got AACD (the D in Maths). What are my chances of getting into a good uni in the US or Canada for an economics degree?
I have dropped maths and I will be sending the subject I got a C in (English lit) for remarking and if the result doesn't change I will resit in January. I have only messed up one paper and I am certain I can push my English Lit grade up to an A if I resit in Jan. The reason why I am not resitting Maths is because I want to focus on my SATs and improve other parts of my application such as my essays. I got the A's in Economics and History.
I got 7 A*s (Five 9's and Two 8's) and 1 A for my IGCSEs and I participate in multiple extracurriculars. I will be taking my SATs in August and in October again if needed and I will be aiming for a 1500+
Please let me know what my chances are of getting into a good uni in the US or Canada for an economics degree. Are there any target schools you would recommend? Are UMich and UVA schools I can try for?
As economics degrees involve maths, in the additional information section of my application I am planning to explain that I chose not to resit Maths to focus on other aspects of my application and I am committed to putting in extra work to strengthen any necessary quantitative skills at the university level through supplemental instruction.
Thank you so much for your time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending