The Student Room Group

Am I qualified for student Finance

I have lived half of my life in Uk. Since 3th of August 2007 and I am 35 years old in January 2024 this year.I was granted Limited Leave to Remain with access to public funds.Am I qualified for student loans because am hoping to Start Uni this Year September 2024 to study Adult Nursing.
Original post by debsotight
I have lived half of my life in Uk. Since 3th of August 2007 and I am 35 years old in January 2024 this year.I was granted Limited Leave to Remain with access to public funds.Am I qualified for student loans because am hoping to Start Uni this Year September 2024 to study Adult Nursing.
Hi there,

Do you expect to get Indefinite Leave to Remain in the near future? If so, do you know roughly when you'll get this?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Am getting my Indefinite Leave To Remain Next Year 2025 Dec
I got 4 children they are British citizens
Original post by debsotight
Am getting my Indefinite Leave To Remain Next Year 2025 Dec
I got 4 children they are British citizens
Thanks, based on what you've said you should be entitled to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan only because you have UK family members, and you've lived in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of your course.

However, you may also be entitled to the Maintenance Loan under the Long Residency rules. So, it sounds like you may meet this criteria since you've lived in the UK for over half your life.

To make sure, we'd recommend making an application online as soon as the 24/25 applications open, this should happen in the next month or so.

We can then say for sure what funding you're entitled to.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Reply 4
Thank you very much for this information
No problem. If you need anything else let us know 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending