The Student Room Group

Am I Eligible for Student Finance or Degree Apprenticeships

In 2022, my Mon and I came to the UK to join my Dad on a family/ dependent visa i was 18 at the time. My plan was to get into Uni but I didn't have the accepted qualifications to apply as I did my O levels in Nigeria. I then opted for a BTEC Nationals in computing which I am completing this year.
I have already applied to 5 Unis through UCAS even though my main plan is to do a degree apprenticeship but I don't know if I am eligible to for degree apprenticeships or student finance for uni in that i haven't lived here for 3 years, I have lived here for just 1.5 years.
Is there any chance that I get an apprenticeship this year or get student finance for uni?
Original post by Malitoli
In 2022, my Mon and I came to the UK to join my Dad on a family/ dependent visa i was 18 at the time. My plan was to get into Uni but I didn't have the accepted qualifications to apply as I did my O levels in Nigeria. I then opted for a BTEC Nationals in computing which I am completing this year.
I have already applied to 5 Unis through UCAS even though my main plan is to do a degree apprenticeship but I don't know if I am eligible to for degree apprenticeships or student finance for uni in that i haven't lived here for 3 years, I have lived here for just 1.5 years.
Is there any chance that I get an apprenticeship this year or get student finance for uni?

Hi there,

What level of funding is the apprenticeship you're looking to study? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
I am currently looking for level 6 degree apprenticeship, I'm not too clear on the different levels of funding but i guess whatever level applies to a L6 degree apprenticeship is the one
I am currently looking for level 6 degree apprenticeship, I'm not too clear on the different levels of funding but i guess whatever level applies to a L6 degree apprenticeship is the one

Hi there,

You would need to meet our eligibility found on our website here to be eligible for finance https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Yh, gone through it already. I haven't been resident for up to 3 years. Thanks anyway
Yh, gone through it already. I haven't been resident for up to 3 years. Thanks anyway

You would be best speaking to the university money adviser's to see if they know of alternative funding options.,

Thanks,
Claire
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Claire SFE
You would be best speaking to the university money adviser's to see if they know of alternative funding options.,

Thanks,
Claire

Okay, I would try that. Thank you very much.
Okay, I would try that. Thank you very much.

You're welcome! Have a nice evening!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending