The Student Room Group

Student finance for non Eu citizen family member of Eu citizen with ILR

I am an algerian citizen planning to marry my Eu partener who lives in Uk 14 years and have ILR(not brithish passport holder) and move for good in UK.
As i will be on spouse visa of a Eu national i would like to know if i can apply for student finance .
I know i have to apply for my pre-settled to can get a job and have proof of employment.
I have contact an agency providing assistance to students and i been told if i have pre-settled status and at least 3 payslip ,bank statement and utility bills on my name i don't need to have 3 years living in UK to can get student finance.
Goverment website it is confusing.
I don't know if the fact i am a police officer and already have this qualification will affect my chances to study in uk and get a student loan .
I understood that i can't work as a police officer without beign resident of UK for at least 3 years.
Please advice.Thank you
Original post by Jojolina
I am an algerian citizen planning to marry my Eu partener who lives in Uk 14 years and have ILR(not brithish passport holder) and move for good in UK.
As i will be on spouse visa of a Eu national i would like to know if i can apply for student finance .
I know i have to apply for my pre-settled to can get a job and have proof of employment.
I have contact an agency providing assistance to students and i been told if i have pre-settled status and at least 3 payslip ,bank statement and utility bills on my name i don't need to have 3 years living in UK to can get student finance.
Goverment website it is confusing.
I don't know if the fact i am a police officer and already have this qualification will affect my chances to study in uk and get a student loan .
I understood that i can't work as a police officer without beign resident of UK for at least 3 years.
Please advice.Thank you

Hi there,

Where have you been residing in the 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

Where have you been residing in the 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course?

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare,
Thank you for your reply.
I am in Algeria and planning to move to UK for good ,i haven't been for 3 years in UK.
As i have said the agency told me different then the gov website .I am so confused .I would like to know ,please, how can i study in Uk on my spouse visa .Thank you
Hi Clare,
Thank you for your reply.
I am in Algeria and planning to move to UK for good ,i haven't been for 3 years in UK.
As i have said the agency told me different then the gov website .I am so confused .I would like to know ,please, how can i study in Uk on my spouse visa .Thank you

Hi there,

Unfortunately you wouldn't be eligible as you need to be living in the EU or UK for the 3 year qualifying period. I have provided a link which may help you further.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Hi Clare ,
Thank you
That means the agency it's wrong and i would like to know how can do this without me beign in UK for 3 years.
Hi Clare ,
Thank you
That means the agency it's wrong and i would like to know how can do this without me beign in UK for 3 years.

Hi there,

I am not sure what agency you are referring to however, you wouldn't be eligible if you do not meet the standard residency criteria. If you have applied, the assessors would have sent you an email outlining why you are not eligible.

Thanks, Clare
Hi Clare ,
Thank you

How about contributing to the system first before thinking about taking out. You are outside the UK and already planning on how to milk from the system. God!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending