The Student Room Group

Alevels

I’m in Year 13 and I’m currently studying English lang and lit (combined), Sociology, Psychology (AS) and EPQ. Which universities will accept me. My predicted grades for my Alevels are AA.
Reply 1
AA in what? that would be for two subjects so what about your third subject?

Also, we don't really need to tell you that. Find out what course you're interested in doing on the UCAS website and then look at the different entry requirements because they vary between courses and universities. good luck :smile:
None at all if you're only doing 2 A Levels. They'll want an extra qualification (ideally a 3rd A Level). How come you're sitting Psychology AS in year 13?
Reply 3
Original post by Scotland Yard
None at all if you're only doing 2 A Levels. They'll want an extra qualification (ideally a 3rd A Level). How come you're sitting Psychology AS in year 13?

I was doing Computer Science last year and failed, however I received BB for sociology and English Lang and Lit, my head of year made me drop comp sci and do an EPQ as well as psychology As, so that I can have the equivalent of 1 Alevel in tarrif points. I would like to ideally leave with 3 Alevels but I doing quite well in 2, do you have any advice.
Reply 4
Original post by aliaa03
AA in what? that would be for two subjects so what about your third subject?

Also, we don't really need to tell you that. Find out what course you're interested in doing on the UCAS website and then look at the different entry requirements because they vary between courses and universities. good luck :smile:

AA in sociology and English Lang and Lit, My head of year has informed that an EPQ and Psychology (AS) would be the equivalent of 1 A-level in tariff points.
What do you suggest I do?
Reply 5
Original post by Hamdi 9292928
AA in sociology and English Lang and Lit, My head of year has informed that an EPQ and Psychology (AS) would be the equivalent of 1 A-level in tariff points.
What do you suggest I do?

Okay makes sense, well then I'd have a look at the courses you want to do on UCAS and see which ones accept tariff points in the entry requirements rather than actual grades. If the course you want to do doesn't accept tariff points and wants e.g. 3 A's in 3 subjects then you might want to consider doing a gap year to finish psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest