The Student Room Group

I want to quit nursing and don't know what to do with my life.

Hello,

I am a MSc Nursing student (mature) and I have LLB Law degree. I started the nursing degree back in 2020. The first year of the course was an absolute struggle, and I felt absolutely miserable and anxious. Going into the second year of the course, the exact same problems were going on, but I then had to interrupt due to personal reasons. Fast forward to 2023 I decided to return to the course as I thought things may have changed, but unfortunatley they haven't and I still have personal things going on. I feel absolutely miserable on the course and I'm constantly anxious, something I didn't really experience when I was doing my law degree.

I have no idea what to do and being 28 I'm very scared about the future and ending up with no career. Im also scared about the maintenance loan and learning support fund that I will have to pay back for term 2.

Please help, I could do with talking to people, and getting some advice from individuals who may have been in this position.
Original post by username6076836
Hello,

I am a MSc Nursing student (mature) and I have LLB Law degree. I started the nursing degree back in 2020. The first year of the course was an absolute struggle, and I felt absolutely miserable and anxious. Going into the second year of the course, the exact same problems were going on, but I then had to interrupt due to personal reasons. Fast forward to 2023 I decided to return to the course as I thought things may have changed, but unfortunatley they haven't and I still have personal things going on. I feel absolutely miserable on the course and I'm constantly anxious, something I didn't really experience when I was doing my law degree.

I have no idea what to do and being 28 I'm very scared about the future and ending up with no career. Im also scared about the maintenance loan and learning support fund that I will have to pay back for term 2.

Please help, I could do with talking to people, and getting some advice from individuals who may have been in this position.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with your course. I recommend that you reach out to your course tutor and the student wellbeing service at your uni to see how they can support you. Also make an appointment with one of the advisors at your uni's careers service. There will be lots of career options out there for you that you might not have considered.

If you can delay formally withdrawing from your course until the Easter break (ideally timed until just before the start of next term), you shouldn't need to repay any of your maintenance loan immediately. The same should go for the NHS LSF although I'm not as certain about timings for this. It would be best to email them and ask:

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf/contact-us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending