The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Nursing at City University of London

Hey everyone!

I hope you are all doing well, especially in these current situations we have found ourselves in.

Welcome to City, University of London’s Nursing thread, where you can ask me anything about studying Nursing at City, whether it be an Adult, Children’s or Mental Health Nursing course and feel free to ask any burning questions you may have about student life at City. I’ll jump in with some suggestions and answers 😊

Start a discussion by answering the questions below:

- What type of field of nursing are you considering getting into?

- Where else are you thinking of applying to study nursing?

- Is nursing your ideal degree and career choice?

- At what stage are you with your research/application?

Find all the latest information on nursing and the course offerings on our Nursing webpage.

Wishing you all well!

Nadia

Official City, University of London Student Rep
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi Nadia,I’m looking to do Midwifery at City University, it would mean sooo much to me to get in! I have a telephone interview in a week. Can you give me an idea of what they might ask or how i can prepare? This is my chance and I cant afford to blow it. Please, any advice is much appreciated!
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by Salinarahman
Hi Nadia,I’m looking to do Midwifery at City University, it would mean sooo much to me to get in! I have a telephone interview in a week. Can you give me an idea of what they might ask or how i can prepare? This is my chance and I cant afford to blow it. Please, any advice is much appreciated!

Hey,
Firstly I would like to say congratulations on getting through to the interview stage! Well done you! :smile:
The questions can vary to questions such as this;
1) Why have you picked to study midwifery?
2) Why have you chosen City to study Midwifery?
3) Do you know the role of a midwife?
4) Do you have any experience in the health sector that you would like to share?
You may also get questions based on made up scenarios and how you would handle a situation, (there's no right and wrong answer for tis, it's just your personal way of dealing with a situation).

What I will say is answer honestly, and do your research on the midwifery in general, and the course at City so you have the knowledge to help you answer the questions.

Good luck!

Nadia
Thats so helpful thank you so much!
Original post by Nadia@CityUoL-StudentRep
Hey everyone!

I hope you are all doing well, especially in these current situations we have found ourselves in.

Welcome to City, University of London’s Nursing thread, where you can ask me anything about studying Nursing at City, whether it be an Adult, Children’s or Mental Health Nursing course J and feel free to ask any burning questions you may have about student life at City. I’ll jump in with some suggestions and answers 😊

Find all the latest information on nursing and the course offerings on our Nursing webpage.

Wishing you all well!

Nadia

Hiii!
I applied to children nursing and received offers , but i am stuck between choosing city or kings what do you think makes city stand out from the other universities?
Original post by Anonymous
Hiii!
I applied to children nursing and received offers , but i am stuck between choosing city or kings what do you think makes city stand out from the other universities?

Hey,
Congratulations on receiving your offers! It's a big, deal you must be super proud!

As a City student studying Children's Nursing you may call me biased but I love studying here, because of the atmosphere created by both the staff (lecturers), current students and everyone who works within the university, it creates such a positive environment which makes it a pleasure to study here.

Now onto why I think City stands out from other universities especially when studying children's nursing;

1) We have such great links with many trusts nationwide which means all your placements will be in areas that have a high reputation in providing the best healthcare to patients whilst also being super diverse, and your placements can vary to hospital settings to community. Our relationships include leading hospitals and trusts including Bart’s Health NHS Trust, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, the East London NHS Foundation Trust and Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.

2) The way the course is set out really enables you to become the most confident nurse you can be! Many universities send students out to placement straight away, however with nursing at City, they prepare you with the theory first in terms of lectures, seminars and teaching for the first couple of months, and once the theory is completed they then send you out onto placement. I find this has been so helpful, as I felt like I had some knowledge when going to placement, as opposed to no knowledge.

3) Our facilities are amazing. Here at City we have mock hospital wards and hospital equipment for our practical sessions and to practice our skills, and I find this so great because everything we do in these mock hospital wards feels so real life like, which helps us as students understand how it will really be like on placement.

4) For me I have found the support at City has been immense, you never feel as if you are alone if you need help as all the staff are really friendly and approachable and always willing to help whenever you need them to!

Instead of me writing way more reasons way I am going to attach a YouTube link below from City's channel about my experience as a children's nurse if you are interested;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16pLgLZvWyk

I hope this has helped you, and good luck on your future studies!

Nadia :smile:
Thank you sooo much, this was very informative! I’m definitely leaning towards city!
Do you have majority female lecturers? how is the ratio male to female staff ratio? Including clinical skills staff?

Also how is your third year going! Insha’Allah you smash the last year and you become an amazing nurse!!
Thank you sooo much, this was very informative! I’m definitely leaning towards city!
Do you have majority female lecturers? how is the ratio male to female staff ratio? Including clinical skills staff?

Also how is your third year going! Insha’Allah you smash the last year and you become an amazing nurse!!

No problem! I'm happy I helped in some way,

We actually have quite an even proportion of female to male lecturers, I want to say 50:50 but I'm not too sure, but what I will say is there is both a mix of male and female lecturers including clinical skills staff.

My third year is going great, stressful and hectic, but I am enjoying every bit of it, had to adjust slightly due to the pandemic, but I'm nearly there!

Hello Nadia. My name is Ivlyn and I got interviewed for MSc Adult nursing on the 7th of April. I was told it would take about 10 working days or less to get a decision mail from the school but i haven’t gotten any yet. Do you think it’s okay to send a mail to the school asking for an update or do I give it some time. Thanks
Hey guys, anyone choosing Midwifery at City for their first choice? Would be nice to meet people. Also what are your reasons to choose city and not somewhere else?
Original post by Eighodalo
Hello Nadia. My name is Ivlyn and I got interviewed for MSc Adult nursing on the 7th of April. I was told it would take about 10 working days or less to get a decision mail from the school but i haven’t gotten any yet. Do you think it’s okay to send a mail to the school asking for an update or do I give it some time. Thanks

Hi Ivlyn,
Yes I would definitely message admissions if the response time has been over 10 days, if you have a direct email I would use that or you could submit a form on this link below, and the admissions team should get back to you in due course.

https://www.city.ac.uk/about/find-contact/contact

All the best,

Has anyone received offer for Adult Nursing September 2021 intake?
Hey everyone!

Welcome to City, University of London’s Nursing thread, where you can ask me anything about studying Nursing at City, whether it be an Adult, Children’s or Mental Health Nursing course J and feel free to ask any burning questions you may have about student life at City. I’ll jump in with some suggestions and answers 😊

Wishing you all well!

Nadia

Hi, I have applied for children's nurse and have recieved offer from them. How are the exams like?
Hi, I have applied for children's nurse and have recieved offer from them. How are the exams like?

When did you have your interview and when did you receive the offer?
When did you have your interview and when did you receive the offer?

Not sure exactly, but I recieved an email from them regarding choice my interview time on the 25th January, but I forgot which time I chose. I got a congratulations email on the 26th February (I heard back from them 2 weeks after the interview but I think the email came after they uploaded their in UCAS TRACK) hope that helps..🧡🧡
Hey everyone!

Wishing you all well!

Nadia

Hi Nadia, is there an official there for Midwifery at City University London as I am hoping to get to know people that may be on my cohort and that I want to meet as many people as I can before I start and if this is not the case could you please consult on this as this would be helpful as I have made City , University my firm choice and that it would be nice to get some tips and advice for the degree. If there is a thread could you please link it here thanks!
Original post by shamshamim
Hey guys, anyone choosing Midwifery at City for their first choice? Would be nice to meet people. Also what are your reasons to choose city and not somewhere else?

Hi my name is Daniela nice to meet you I have made City University London my frim choice and i got my conditional offer back in December and I am very excited to start. My reasons for choosing City was that i wanted to stay close to home and I live in London and I admire the way the university have a unique approach for Midwifery and this was something that I had admired and through doing my own independent research was city was a good university. Have you made City your firm and why City if I may ask ? I am glad to be talking to someone as I have been trying to meet new people that may be starting the course in September !
Who had interview in March and gotten an offer already in Adult nursing please reply to this message. I haven’t heard from the school after a successful interview in March.
No problem! I'm happy I helped in some way,

We actually have quite an even proportion of female to male lecturers, I want to say 50:50 but I'm not too sure, but what I will say is there is both a mix of male and female lecturers including clinical skills staff.

My third year is going great, stressful and hectic, but I am enjoying every bit of it, had to adjust slightly due to the pandemic, but I'm nearly there!

Hey Nadia!
For my City university offer they said We reserve the right to use academic and character references as part of the academic selection process please submit a satisfactory Character reference to the School of Health Sciences Admissions Team by 31 July 2021’ do I have to receive one from my teacher or do I have to write one when filling out the School of Health Sciences Admissions ?
Original post by daniela_15xoxo
Hi my name is Daniela nice to meet you I have made City University London my frim choice and i got my conditional offer back in December and I am very excited to start. My reasons for choosing City was that i wanted to stay close to home and I live in London and I admire the way the university have a unique approach for Midwifery and this was something that I had admired and through doing my own independent research was city was a good university. Have you made City your firm and why City if I may ask ? I am glad to be talking to someone as I have been trying to meet new people that may be starting the course in September !

Hey Ye same !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending