The Student Room Group

Which is good university for BSc biomedical Science

I have an offer letter from Lancaster, Queen Mary, and Sheffield. Which one is best among these cz I'm not sure about it
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Santhoshk
I have an offer letter from Lancaster, Queen Mary, and Sheffield. Which one is best among these cz I'm not sure about it

Which course do you prefer? Compare the modules and optional modules for all years of the course and see which you find most interesting. Do any of the courses offer placement opportunities - these can add a lot to your graduate CV.
Congratulations on your offers @Santhoshk :smile:

Have you been to any open days or booked onto any upcoming ones for each of these uni's? I'd deffo recommend it if you can get to them just so you can speak to current students, chat to the academics who'd be teaching you and check out the facilities. You can also then just get a general vibe for the campus too and it might help make your decision a little easier if you can really picture yourself being at one of them over the others :smile:

Good luck in making your decision, and wishing you the best for your university journey!

Becky
There is never a best university. What is right for one person might be wrong for another. Look into the course modules and decides what is right for. Ask how close or far from home you want to be. Look at the kind of place and surroundings. Queen Mary is in London. Sheffield is many times the size of Lancaster. Which suits you best.
Hey,
I agree with the posts above, there is no best university, it is all about personal preference. There are lots of things to take into account, such as the city, how far away from home, cost of living, style of teaching, modules, societies, support at the university etc..
Your best bet is probably to visit some of the universities or talk to current students on the course online and see what they have to say about it. https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/study/chat Sheffield is running offer-holder days where you can talk to staff and students and have a taste for the course - I'm sure the other universities will have these too so it is a good chance to get a feel for what it is like.
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

I'd say it depends what you want to do. If you want to be a biomedical scientist then you should pick Lancaster. If you want to go into research or industry then you should look at QMUL or Sheffield. Sheffield is the cheapest of those places to live in, and QMUL is incredibly expensive so personal finances should be considered too. Lancaster is a beautiful place but is also a very long way north and may be hard to get to depending on where you are based now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending