The Student Room Group

Brunel university for biomedical science

hey guys,

so i got rejected from kings but they offered me a conditional offer for 2022 entry which doesnt make sense as I got the grades already so idk if they want me to re take exams etc.

but I was considering Brunel for biomedical sciences but I need honest opinions? would it take me to research medicine if I went on and did a masters etc?

Alot of people said russell group uni is a much better option for science careers so now I am just scared as I do not want to waste time going to a uni and then not end up being where I need to be because of a uni choice
Reply 1
Original post by Insatiable1-1
hey guys,

so i got rejected from kings but they offered me a conditional offer for 2022 entry which doesnt make sense as I got the grades already so idk if they want me to re take exams etc.

but I was considering Brunel for biomedical sciences but I need honest opinions? would it take me to research medicine if I went on and did a masters etc?

Alot of people said russell group uni is a much better option for science careers so now I am just scared as I do not want to waste time going to a uni and then not end up being where I need to be because of a uni choice

Hi,

My firm was kings and my reserve was Brunel. I got rejected from Kings so I’m going to brunel now to do biomedical science with a placement year. I was really upset but now I’m alright because the Brunel course has a placement year and is more suited for career paths in lab research and is IBMS accredited, which the kings course is not.

If you want to go into scientific research then Kinhs is better but if you want to have the biomedical scientist title then Brunel would be better as its accredited.

Congrats for getting a deferred at your firm though.

Wish you the best,
Rushi
Reply 2
Original post by Rushi_
the Brunel course has a placement year and is more suited for career paths in lab research and is IBMS accredited, which the kings course is not.

If you want to go into scientific research then Kinhs is better but if you want to have the biomedical scientist title then Brunel would be better as its accredited.

I thought Brunel Biomedical Science is RSB accredited not IBMS?
"The Royal Society of Biology has awarded its accreditation to all of Brunel’s biomedical sciences undergraduate programmes."
https://www.brunel.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/biomedical-sciences-bsc
Original post by Rushi_
Hi,

My firm was kings and my reserve was Brunel. I got rejected from Kings so I’m going to brunel now to do biomedical science with a placement year. I was really upset but now I’m alright because the Brunel course has a placement year and is more suited for career paths in lab research and is IBMS accredited, which the kings course is not.

Congrats for getting a deferred at your firm though.

Wish you the best,
Rushi

idk why they deferred it because I did not meet their requirements and I cannot resit my exams as I did an Access course.
as with what asciepeion said the brunel is not accredited apparently.
So do you think If i went brunel it wouldn't be good to take into scientific research?
Reply 4
Original post by Insatiable1-1
hey guys,

Do you mind me asking what your grades where
Reply 5
Brunel is definitely not accredited and unfortunately if you do an undergraduate degree there you lack many career choices and will have do over 1000 pound of bms top up modules. Not to mention to get hcpc you will have to find a place that will help you with a portfolio…. Good luck, especially for people who aren’t ibms accredited.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending