The Student Room Group

Confused on the conditions on my university offer | A-level | GCSE | University

I'm on a gap year and privately retaking one of my A levels as well as doing a new one within the year, I'm also retaking GCSE maths. I hold an offer from a university that requires AAA at A level and grade 6 in GCSE in maths for my course, my achieved A level grades are ABC and my achieved GCSE maths grade is a 4, however, my predicted grades for the two A levels I'm taking this year are A* and A, and my predicted GCSE maths grade is a 6.

On UCAS, specifically on the page of my offer, it states the following: 'This offer is subject to you obtaining GCSE grade 6 or above in Mathematics' I was wondering whether this means that my offer is unconditional on the results of the two A levels I'm taking this year and only conditional on the result of my maths grade, or if my A level grades still matter but just hasn't been stated on my offer.
Original post by celine2x
I'm on a gap year and privately retaking one of my A levels as well as doing a new one within the year, I'm also retaking GCSE maths. I hold an offer from a university that requires AAA at A level and grade 6 in GCSE in maths for my course, my achieved A level grades are ABC and my achieved GCSE maths grade is a 4, however, my predicted grades for the two A levels I'm taking this year are A* and A, and my predicted GCSE maths grade is a 6.

On UCAS, specifically on the page of my offer, it states the following: 'This offer is subject to you obtaining GCSE grade 6 or above in Mathematics' I was wondering whether this means that my offer is unconditional on the results of the two A levels I'm taking this year and only conditional on the result of my maths grade, or if my A level grades still matter but just hasn't been stated on my offer.

The way the offer is written, it's only conditional on the GCSE grade, not on your forthcoming A level grades. To be absolutely sure, contact the university to double-check.

Note that you still have to take the A levels, as you told them via your UCAS application that you would. It just doesn't matter (it seems) what grade you get.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending