The Student Room Group

Will ucas update before Alevel results Day?

My son completed his Alevels last year and recieved a conditional offer based on successful completion of an access module at his chosen university. He recieved confirmation today that that part of his offer has now been met. Will ucas track now update to reflect that he has now met all his conditions and change to an unconditional offer and therefore a confirmed place or will he have to wait until the 17th when other students recieve their alevel results due to ucas embargo? I'm a little confused about what happens next. Thanks in advance.
Original post by WILLOWTREE98
My son completed his Alevels last year and recieved a conditional offer based on successful completion of an access module at his chosen university. He recieved confirmation today that that part of his offer has now been met. Will ucas track now update to reflect that he has now met all his conditions and change to an unconditional offer and therefore a confirmed place or will he have to wait until the 17th when other students recieve their alevel results due to ucas embargo? I'm a little confused about what happens next. Thanks in advance.

No changes to track will be released until 8am on the 17th once track closes (helpfully can't remember off the top of my head if that was yesterday or today). So if it hasn't changed by the time it closes then he'll be waiting til the 17th for confirmation (but if he has met his offer he doesn't have anything to worry about).
One thing he should check is if his results were automatically shared with his chosen uni or not. If not, he will need to send them on to his uni. If he sends them during the embargo he may find he gets no response til it is lifted as unis have to be very careful about what they communicate with applicants during that time.
(Original post by WILLOWTREE98)My son completed his Alevels last year and recieved a conditional offer based on successful completion of an access module at his chosen university. He recieved confirmation today that that part of his offer has now been met. Will ucas track now update to reflect that he has now met all his conditions and change to an unconditional offer and therefore a confirmed place or will he have to wait until the 17th when other students recieve their alevel results due to ucas embargo? I'm a little confused about what happens next. Thanks in advance.

He will probably have to wait. There will be an embargo on ucas until results day. I think it is from 4pm but it will be sometime today.
Original post by swanseajack1
(Original post by WILLOWTREE98)My son completed his Alevels last year and recieved a conditional offer based on successful completion of an access module at his chosen university. He recieved confirmation today that that part of his offer has now been met. Will ucas track now update to reflect that he has now met all his conditions and change to an unconditional offer and therefore a confirmed place or will he have to wait until the 17th when other students recieve their alevel results due to ucas embargo? I'm a little confused about what happens next. Thanks in advance.

He will probably have to wait. There will be an embargo on ucas until results day. I think it is from 4pm but it will be sometime today.

11 August at 14:00 (UK time) 17 August at 08:00 (UK time)
During the results embargo periods:

Applications will not be updated.
Universities and colleges cannot discuss an applicant’s individual status with them, or with an adviser.
The adviser portal will not be updated until 09:00 (UK time) on 8 August and 07:00 (UK time) on 17 August when advisers will have access to updated applicant statuses. Advisers must follow the embargo terms full details below.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated.
As above though - it would be sensible for him to email scans/photographs of his A level certificates to his university (along with his full name, UCAS ID, date of birth and course applied for).
Reply 6
Thanks pq, I did speak to the uni and they confirmed that although the grades are achieved there will be no updates until Thursday. Appreciate the reply though x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending