The Student Room Group

Can i drop Further Maths after my UCAS being submitted?

My UCAS predicted grades were A*A*A*A* (Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry), I am applying to study Chemistry at uni. Currently I struggle quite a bit with maths and further maths, is it okay to drop further maths if university (e.g. Imperial College) doesn't require applicants to do further maths?
Original post by Cheran
My UCAS predicted grades were A*A*A*A* (Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry), I am applying to study Chemistry at uni. Currently I struggle quite a bit with maths and further maths, is it okay to drop further maths if university (e.g. Imperial College) doesn't require applicants to do further maths?

You need to get agreement in writing from your universities before you do this. If you change your qualifications from those listed as pending in your application then your universities have the option to change their decision or offer conditions.

When you do change your qualifications there is a form on the ucas website to fill in to formally amend your application to remove the pending FM result
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You need to get agreement in writing from your universities before you do this. If you change your qualifications from those listed as pending in your application then your universities have the option to change their decision or offer conditions.

When you do change your qualifications there is a form on the ucas website to fill in to formally amend your application to remove the pending FM result
Thank you so much.
so sorry to hear that but you sound so impressive already! maybe speak to your teachers whether they think you getting an A or B in further maths would be better than dropping it.

Quick Reply

Latest