The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial entry requirements

I've already sent off ucas a couple of days ago and applied to Imperial as one of my aspirational choices as it's quite obvious getting in is not easy. I applied to Electrical Engineering and I'm predicted A* in maths A* in psychology and A in physics. Although I meet their minimum entry requirement of A*A*A, the A* has to be in both maths and physics, whereas I was predicted an A for physics and instead my other A* is in psychology.

I was wondering if I actually did meet their min entry requirements and I don't think I did, and I'm quite worried I won't even get passed the screening stage of my application. I would at least like to be able to sit the test and see how it goes. How likely is it for them to instanlty reject me based on this one thing?
Original post by Anonymous
I've already sent off ucas a couple of days ago and applied to Imperial as one of my aspirational choices as it's quite obvious getting in is not easy. I applied to Electrical Engineering and I'm predicted A* in maths A* in psychology and A in physics. Although I meet their minimum entry requirement of A*A*A, the A* has to be in both maths and physics, whereas I was predicted an A for physics and instead my other A* is in psychology.

I was wondering if I actually did meet their min entry requirements and I don't think I did, and I'm quite worried I won't even get passed the screening stage of my application. I would at least like to be able to sit the test and see how it goes. How likely is it for them to instanlty reject me based on this one thing?

Oooooo since you've already sent it off there's nothing you can really do now unless you can switch it out. I would say just wait and see. They may just reject you once they receive your application or they may just let you continue on with the process and you might end up getting an offer. I would say it's not unlikely that they would be rejected due to ICL being ICL. You could always contact the admissions department and ask them.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by catonfire
Oooooo since you've already sent it off there's nothing you can really do now unless you can switch it out. I would say just wait and see. They may just reject you once they receive your application or they may just let you continue on with the process and you might end up getting an offer. I would say it's not unlikely that they would be rejected due to ICL being ICL. You could always contact the admissions department and ask them.

yeah i cld ask them, although it seems so weird as it's obvious they'd say we will reject you, after submitting it anyway. Might even look across all the other applications to find my one and reject it.
yeah i cld ask them, although it seems so weird as it's obvious they'd say we will reject you, after submitting it anyway. Might even look across all the other applications to find my one and reject it.

I don't think they would do that, that would just be mean :frown: You don't have to identify yourself! You've got good grades and your personal statement may show them that you're a good candidate and offer you a place.
If they quickly rejected you, you could still swap out that choice within 14 days of getting your welcome email from UCAS. :smile:

But they won't reject you for asking. To be honest, I probably would. Worst case, they won't tell you anything committal.

Personally I think it's worth the risk.

Hi there, did you get to do the admissions test in the end? I am in the same position right now - applying to Mech Eng with A*A*A, but A in Physics (A*s in Maths and Further Maths). My teachers did say they would've given me an A* in Physics if I applied in January, but I've already applied for the October deadline. What would you advise me to do?
Reply 6
Original post by A Lump of Floof
Hi there, did you get to do the admissions test in the end? I am in the same position right now - applying to Mech Eng with A*A*A, but A in Physics (A*s in Maths and Further Maths). My teachers did say they would've given me an A* in Physics if I applied in January, but I've already applied for the October deadline. What would you advise me to do?

HI! sorry for the late reply! They did allow me to sit the test. Ended up getting an interview and got the offer, but ruined it cus i messed up my exams (physics mainly)

you probably will be allowed to sit the test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending