The Student Room Group

Fee Status for British Spouse

Hi all experts,
I am British National and my wife is Pakistan national. She is on spouse visa (Spouse of British National). She is been in UK for 3 years now. Will she be eligible for Home Tution Fees?
Hi there. Where was your wife living before arriving in the UK and when is she looking to start the course? Will she be applying for an undergraduate degree? Thanks, Leah.
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Where was your wife living before arriving in the UK and when is she looking to start the course? Will she be applying for an undergraduate degree? Thanks, Leah.
Hi, she was living in Pakistan. She wants to starts next year and it will be a Phd.
Do you know the full name of the course and university so I can check the funding? Thanks, Leah.
Do you know the full name of the course and university so I can check the funding? Thanks, Leah.
Hi, it will be a Phd so either she will submit a proposal herself or pick a project already listed by university. It will be Phd in Physiotherapy or Physical Therapy. She is planning to do it from University of Birmingham
Thank you. Is your wife currently working/ how does she support herself? Thanks, Leah.
(edited 1 month ago)
Thank you. Is your wife currently working/ how does she support herself? Thanks, Leah.
She is working as Physiotherapist.
Hi there. Just to confirm, your partner does not have settled status in the UK? Thanks again - David
Hi there. In this case, the student would be eligible to apply under a Family Member of a UK National being yourself. The student would need to apply for the PHD funding and provide their own Original valid ID i.e. Non-UK Passport, Home Office Biometric Card, EUSS Sharecode and then along with this a copy of the Marriage Certificate to show the link with yourself as the UK national. Thanks - David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending