The Student Room Group

Fees status

My husband has an ILR and will be getting his British passport in about 5 months. I will be resuming a postgraduate course in Sunderland uni Sept2024. I would have lived in the UK continously for 3 years by August 16,2024. I'm told I'm qualified for the UK students fees. If really I am, at what point do I notify the Uni about this? Please I will appreciate clarity on this. Thank you.
Original post by ShaIfe
My husband has an ILR and will be getting his British passport in about 5 months. I will be resuming a postgraduate course in Sunderland uni Sept2024. I would have lived in the UK continously for 3 years by August 16,2024. I'm told I'm qualified for the UK students fees. If really I am, at what point do I notify the Uni about this? Please I will appreciate clarity on this. Thank you.

Hi there,

What is your current status in the UK? Is it pre settled status you have? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

What is your current status in the UK? Is it pre settled status you have? Thanks, Jason

Please what is pre settled status?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by ShaIfe
Please what is pre settled status?

Hi there,

This is limited leave to remain. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

This is limited leave to remain. Thanks, Jason

Hi,
Well I am currently on tier 2 dependant visa. We are not from EU, but husband has been in UK for 6 years(started on tier 2 skilled worker visa) hence why he has ILR now and on the part to citizenship
Original post by ShaIfe
Hi,
Well I am currently on tier 2 dependant visa. We are not from EU, but husband has been in UK for 6 years(started on tier 2 skilled worker visa) hence why he has ILR now and on the part to citizenship

Thank you. What is your husbands nationality? Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Nigerian. Thanks
Original post by ShaIfe
Nigerian. Thanks

Thank you. Based on this you wouldn't be eligible for a Masters degree. As the spouse of a rest of the world national you would need to have Pre-Settled or Settled Status of your own to be eligible.

It may be worthwhile checking with the Home Office regarding your status. Thanks, Jason
Reply 8
Thank you. I will check it out. Thanks for your time
Original post by ShaIfe
Thank you. I will check it out. Thanks for your time

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending