The Student Room Group

British Born asked for Fee Status?

Hi! I’m going to BCU in September and when I tried to enrol, I was asked to fill out the fee status questionnaire. I was born in Britain, my parents are British citizens and have been since I was born. I’ve never lived abroad. I can’t imagine anything on my status that implied otherwise. I’m a little anxious because it’s been a while and they still haven’t approved it, and Admissions haven’t got back to the multiple emails I’ve sent lol. Is this normal?
Original post by throwawaytbh
Hi! I’m going to BCU in September and when I tried to enrol, I was asked to fill out the fee status questionnaire. I was born in Britain, my parents are British citizens and have been since I was born. I’ve never lived abroad. I can’t imagine anything on my status that implied otherwise. I’m a little anxious because it’s been a while and they still haven’t approved it, and Admissions haven’t got back to the multiple emails I’ve sent lol. Is this normal?

It’s not normal (my guess is you ticked or selected something not quite right on your UCAS form which prompted them to send you the questionnaire) but it sounds like it should be a straight forward thing to sort out.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It’s not normal (my guess is you ticked or selected something not quite right on your UCAS form which prompted them to send you the questionnaire) but it sounds like it should be a straight forward thing to sort out.

See, I thought that, but I asked for a copy of my UCAS application and can’t see anything that would prompt it.

It’s been almost a month now and the department that handles it aren’t getting back to any emails or calls so I’m just a little confused lol
Did your offer letter state your fee status?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Did your offer letter state your fee status?

I’m transferring from another course so I didn’t actually get an offer letter, just the UCAS accepted offer and all the emails saying congrats and to enrol.

I didn’t have any issues with my fee status last year and didn’t need to fill out anything for it.
Original post by throwawaytbh
I’m transferring from another course so I didn’t actually get an offer letter, just the UCAS accepted offer and all the emails saying congrats and to enrol.

I didn’t have any issues with my fee status last year and didn’t need to fill out anything for it.

It’s likely to be fine then.

It should state your fee status when you enrol. If it looks wrong then contact the department who handles enrolment (usually registry or student records) and they’ll help sort it out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending