The Student Room Group

ICT Interview

Hi I got a interview next week for the role of an IT trainee by the looks of the job description; support all IT activities, assist with user support and help-desk even troubleshoot software issues mainly IT support duties. Can anyone please tell me the types of questions that may come up to prepare for the interview especially a competency based one. And if there’s any sample/example of best answering to those questions and what a “aptitude test is” as I’ll have to do that for 25/30 minutes before having my interview please and if there’s anyway or any advice or tips you’d give to best prepare for that and is it influential to whether I get the job or not…

Thank you

:smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by User_name001
Hi I got a interview next week for the role of an IT trainee by the looks of the job description; support all IT activities, assist with user support and help-desk even troubleshoot software issues mainly IT support duties. Can anyone please tell me the types of questions that may come up to prepare for the interview especially a competency based one. And if there’s any sample/example of best answering to those questions and what a “aptitude test is” as I’ll have to do that for 25/30 minutes before having my interview please and if there’s anyway or any advice or tips you’d give to best prepare for that and is it influential to whether I get the job or not…

Thank you

:smile:

Given the nature of the role, it sounds like they're likely to ask questions which will establish your general IT literacy but will specifically focus on problem solving.

Image a friend calls you up and says, "My laptop's just not working properly. Can you help?" What would you do? What questions would you ask to try to identify and resolve the issue?

I would imagine that problem-solving using clear, logical processes would be a key part of the assessment.
Original post by DataVenia
Given the nature of the role, it sounds like they're likely to ask questions which will establish your general IT literacy but will specifically focus on problem solving.

Image a friend calls you up and says, "My laptop's just not working properly. Can you help?" What would you do? What questions would you ask to try to identify and resolve the issue?

I would imagine that problem-solving using clear, logical processes would be a key part of the assessment.

Is that what’s to anticipate for this aptitude test or the questions and if it’s questions what sort of questions would you advise me to best prepare for and have you got any samples/examples please like of any websites with it. Thank you :smile:
IMG_1953.jpeg

I’ve attached the duties, I just would like to know what questions it maybe they may ask for example I’m know for sure to prepare with the basic like tell me about yourself, why would you like to work here, how do you work as part of team etc… Although is there any other specific questions to practice and prepare for for example common IT Support questions etc… it’s just I just had a look on Google and there’s so many I’m just unsure what to prepare and practice around and I’m so scared because I desperately want the job it would be my first in IT especially as a graduate :frown:
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending