The Student Room Group

What are the expected opportunities in clearing?

This is mainly focused on Computer Science BsC, but I need clearing student advice.

I made the mistake of undershooting on UCAS and I got 5/5 offers at universities that aren’t Russel Group nor very “prestige”.

With the degree now being saturated I’d like to attended a Russell Group university to study Computer Science or similar.

My grades are predicted BBB (give or take) and I have some supporting medical evidence that takes low attained grades into account.

I was wondering how likely it is to get into even a lower rated RG university to do Computer Science or similar in clearing, and if anyone did that with which grades and universities; as I know it’s a popular course.

Basically, I’d like a list of likely universities I can contact come results day.

Thanks, any advice is appreciated!
Nobody can give you this as this will change year on year. Whether RG universities will go as low as BBB for CS is doubtful. Have a look at places like Cardiff, Queen Mary and Sheffield but they might not go that low. Alternatively look at the likes of Reading, Sussex and Royal Holloway to see what they will offer.
Original post by JushGorania
This is mainly focused on Computer Science BsC, but I need clearing student advice.
I made the mistake of undershooting on UCAS and I got 5/5 offers at universities that aren’t Russel Group nor very “prestige”.
With the degree now being saturated I’d like to attended a Russell Group university to study Computer Science or similar.
My grades are predicted BBB (give or take) and I have some supporting medical evidence that takes low attained grades into account.
I was wondering how likely it is to get into even a lower rated RG university to do Computer Science or similar in clearing, and if anyone did that with which grades and universities; as I know it’s a popular course.
Basically, I’d like a list of likely universities I can contact come results day.
Hi there,

You can find out more about our Computer Science courses here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/research-and-teaching/departments-and-schools/computer-science/ including the entry requirements and course content. If you have any specific questions, the best thing to do would be to contact our Admissions team directly here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/applicationquery and they will respond as soon as possible.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes,
Royal Holloway, University of London Rep
I'd probably focus more on unis with decent links to industry and a placement year, rather than RG. (They might not be mutually exclusive though)

As above, the more competitive courses are less likely to be in clearing. As a ballpark, most courses only drop a grade or two requirements in clearing if they are available.
Original post by JushGorania

It varies each year with what goes into clearing, but often Universities will open up an advanced registration so you can do all of the form filling before results day and it really speeds up the process if you are calling up Universities on the day. The University of Sheffield did this last year, so I would keep an eye out in the weeks before results day for information as this will save you a lot of time.
Feel free to message the page before then and we may have some more information about clearing closer to the time.
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending