The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Is CSM worth it??

I am wanting to study fashion marketing, I know that central saint martins is one of if not the best fashion schools in the world and has amazing industry connections but i do not really want to be living in london due to the distance from home and the prices of everything there which would only worsen debt, my other options are the same course but at a russel group like uni of leeds or manchester where i think ill get more of the lifestyle i want. But should i overlook this for the prestige and the opportunities? Fashion is a very competitive industry, i dont want to disadvantage myself
I feel like CSM would be better for opportunities in making connections in the industry, you’ll be surrounded by people that’ll be connected in fashion nationally and internationally in lots of different ways like designers, photographers, graphics designers in an art school as opposed to mixed subject unis :smile: London would be great as an opportunity to go to fashion weeks , exhibits etc and if you’re not from London it’s a chance to experience it if you wanted to be based there in the future. It’s up to you what aspects of studying you want to prioritise :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #2
I feel like CSM would be better for opportunities in making connections in the industry, you’ll be surrounded by people that’ll be connected in fashion nationally and internationally in lots of different ways like designers, photographers, graphics designers in an art school as opposed to mixed subject unis :smile: London would be great as an opportunity to go to fashion weeks , exhibits etc and if you’re not from London it’s a chance to experience it if you wanted to be based there in the future. It’s up to you what aspects of studying you want to prioritise :smile:
Thank you for your advice :wink:
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am wanting to study fashion marketing, I know that central saint martins is one of if not the best fashion schools in the world and has amazing industry connections but i do not really want to be living in london due to the distance from home and the prices of everything there which would only worsen debt, my other options are the same course but at a russel group like uni of leeds or manchester where i think ill get more of the lifestyle i want. But should i overlook this for the prestige and the opportunities? Fashion is a very competitive industry, i dont want to disadvantage myself

CSM doesn’t offer fashion marketing
Original post by rafaelkessisis

CSM doesn’t offer fashion marketing

My mistake I was getting mixed up with the course I was wanting at Leeds, What I meant to say was fashion communication

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending