The Student Room Group

Get loan for the second year at uni

Hi I will get ILR after go to university, literaly after 3 months of starting my course. Can I apply for student finance for my second and other years of study?
Original post by Baka1977
Hi I will get ILR after go to university, literaly after 3 months of starting my course. Can I apply for student finance for my second and other years of study?

Hi Baka,

You would need to have your ILR granted before the 1st day of the 1st academic year of your course to be eligible. If it is granted after you start your course you would still not be eligible for funding.

Thanks, Drew
Hi there. Are you an EU national? Did you apply for funding for your 1st year? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 3
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Are you an EU national? Did you apply for funding for your 1st year? Thanks, Leah.

Hi, I am not EU national but think about paying myself for the first year and switch to student finance loan later when I get ILR
Hi, I am not EU national but think about paying myself for the first year and switch to student finance loan later when I get ILR

Hi Baka,
You would need to have your ILR granted before the 1st day of the 1st academic year of the course. If you do not have it you will not get funding for any years from us.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 5
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Baka,
You would need to have your ILR granted before the 1st day of the 1st academic year of the course. If you do not have it you will not get funding for any years from us.

Thanks, Drew

I also want to clarify the following statement from the guidelines:

> You may also be eligible for tuition fee funding if either of the following apply to you:
> ...
> you’re the family member of a person with settled status and you’ve lived in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years in a row before the first day of the first academic year of your course

Is the "settled status" applied to EU nationals only or ILR from my father will work as well?

> You may also be eligible for tuition fee funding if either of the following apply to you:
> ...
> you’re the family member of a person with settled status and you’ve lived in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years in a row before the first day of the first academic year of your course

Is the "settled status" applied to EU nationals only or ILR from my father will work as well?

Hi Baka,

It would not matter about your fathers status as you do not have an eligible status. How old are you and how long have you lived in the UK?

Thanks, Drew

> ...

Hi there. What age are you? How long has your father been living in the UK? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 8
Hi Baka,

It would not matter about your fathers status as you do not have an eligible status. How old are you and how long have you lived in the UK?

Thanks, Drew

17 year old and have been in UK since February 2020 (as well as my father)
(edited 5 months ago)
17 year old and have been in UK since February 2020 (as well as my father)

Hi Baka,

What nationality is your father?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 10
Hi Baka,

What nationality is your father?

Thanks, Drew

Hi Drew,

Nationality is Russian for both
Hi. You may be eligible to apply for Tuition Fee only if you are the family member of a Settled person providing you have had 3 years of a lawful status in the UK.

The Settled Person and the student must have been ordinarily resident in the UK, and Islands for 3 years prior to the first day of the first AY of the course

The Settled Person must be in the UK

The family member must hold a valid status in the UK

Student Evidence Requirements

Original valid ID i.e. Non-UK Passport, Home Office Biometric Card

3 years lawful status for the required period

Proof of relationship to family member (eg. Birth certificate)

3 years residency in the UK

[start]Family Member Evidence Requirements[/start]

Settled Persons original Home Office Biometric Card showing settled status, Original Passport with Vignette showing settled status or EUSS share code showing settled status

Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending