The Student Room Group

can i teach myself fields from aqa a level physics in 2 months?

so my teacher isnt really that good and I have not been in school for most of the lessons due to personal reasons but I wanted to ask if 3 months was a reasonable amount of time to learn the content as i am a bit worried.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by jake102:)
so my teacher isnt really that good and I have not been in school for most of the lessons due to personal reasons but I wanted to ask if 3 months was a reasonable amount of time to learn the content as i am a bit worried.

There isn’t much content to learn with fields it’s mainly learning where to to use the equations and the laws that apply. Content wise you could easily read through it thoroughly within 2 weeks if you’re taking your time focus on practice questions tha yes the best way to learn
Reply 3
Original post by BenzeneRing12
There isn’t much content to learn with fields it’s mainly learning where to to use the equations and the laws that apply. Content wise you could easily read through it thoroughly within 2 weeks if you’re taking your time focus on practice questions tha yes the best way to learn
alr thanks so much for the confidence. so overlal i think with year 1 i can cover it in around 2-3 weeks meaning i have around 9 weeks purely on year 2 content. Would that be enough to cover fields, radioactivty and astrophysics? I am a bit shaky with the last 2 but want to go over it just ot make sure i havent missed naythign
alr thanks so much for the confidence. so overlal i think with year 1 i can cover it in around 2-3 weeks meaning i have around 9 weeks purely on year 2 content. Would that be enough to cover fields, radioactivty and astrophysics? I am a bit shaky with the last 2 but want to go over it just ot make sure i havent missed naythign

I recommend you do astrophysics first because there are quite a few things to wrap your around or if you prefer do astrophysics simultaneously while doing one of the other topic, say 2 sections a day
Read the content, answer questions in the book and if you still don’t understand read again then go to past exam questions after reading 2/3 times you’ll notice you’ve got all the theory you just need practice applying it
Reply 6
I recommend you do astrophysics first because there are quite a few things to wrap your around or if you prefer do astrophysics simultaneously while doing one of the other topic, say 2 sections a day
so overall can i complete the year 2 content in 9 weeks?
so overall can i complete the year 2 content in 9 weeks?
Yh you should be fine, I’d say leave give yourself 6 weeks for content learning then the rest questions and going over knowledge gaps
If you need any help I’ll be more than happy to help as best I can
Reply 9
If you need any help I’ll be more than happy to help as best I can
alr tysm man and ty for the help
Reply 10
Yh you should be fine, I’d say leave give yourself 6 weeks for content learning then the rest questions and going over knowledge gaps

hey just a quick question, so i plan to spend the entire easter on year 2 physics and also pretty much the entire time between the end of easter holidays and the start of my exams on physics as well. If i do all this, could i get an A?
I mean as long as you’re extremely thorough with it and do everything properly (whilst not neglecting your other subjects) you should be fine, just make sure you have a good plan of how you’ll go about it
I mean as long as you’re extremely thorough with it and do everything properly (whilst not neglecting your other subjects) you should be fine, just make sure you have a good plan of how you’ll go about it

hey man so easter is pretty much over and and i kinda switched up my plans since i got my dream offer so i wanted to fully finish my other 2 subjects (with past papers as well) and year 1 physics since those were my first exams. So basically i got 52 days left to do year 2 physics. my first option was going to be to do computer science at uni which needed AAA but i managed to get into a degree apprenticeship at a big company and they only required 120 UCAS points. So my goal is gonna be to get AAD since i know for maths and comp sci AA is easy. So now i got 52 days to get a D in physics. i checked the grade boundaries and its around 25%. I have finished all revision for all subjects apart from year 2 physics so can fully dedicate 100% of my time. is this enough time? im kinda stressing now lol and need reassurance.
(edited 1 week ago)
hey man so easter is pretty much over and and i kinda switched up my plans since i got my dream offer so i wanted to fully finish my other 2 subjects (with past papers as well) and year 1 physics since those were my first exams. So basically i got 39 days left to do year 2 physics. my first option was going to be to do computer science at uni which needed AAA but i managed to get into a degree apprenticeship at a big company and they only required 120 UCAS points. So my goal is gonna be to get AAD since i know for maths and comp sci AA is easy. So now i got 52 days to get a D in physics. i checked the grade boundaries and its around 25%. I have finished all revision for all subjects apart from year 2 physics so can fully dedicate 100% of my time. is this enough time? im kinda stressing now lol and need reassurance.

Congrats on your offer, hope it is extra motivation for you and I think it’s definitely doable if you give it proper attention, I don’t see why you can’t get higher than a D, don’t stress too much just keep working as hard as you can and you’ll be fine, best of luck with it all

Quick Reply

Latest