The Student Room Group

Community Awards 2023: Feedback and suggestions

This is a thread for all feedback and suggestions regarding the Community Awards on :tsr:

A number of changes have been made this year, including:
- Renaming of the Best Debater award to "D&CA Devotee"
- Having polls publicly visible for part of the voting period
- Adding stats-based awards that aren't subject to a vote

In addition, the volunteer team have also launched honorary degrees, which are separate to the community awards but feedback on these are welcome to be left here too.

In this thread, you are welcome to post suggestions regarding:
- New awards we could have
- Awards you think should be removed
- Changes to criteria
- Changes to the format and process of the awards

Please do not:
- Make personal comments about other users
- Make any targeted comments about the VT, VSLs or CS
- These will be removed and carded severely

A quote list may be used at a later date to ascertain further feedback
I think the "foreign member of the year award" should be brought back
@Kallisto
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
I think the "foreign member of the year award" should be brought back
@Kallisto

You can start your petition now, if you want.

@04MR17 I have a suggestion for a new voting: a point system! would be nice to give your favorite three, your second favorite two and your third favorite one point. Would it be realisable?
I wasn't a fan of the results being visible at the start of the voting. I *assume* most people voted during that early period, and if there's any chance that seeing the results influenced people's own voting choices (e.g. voting for someone who already had an early lead, on the assumption their first pick was already too far behind to catch up), then I see that as a negative. As for the positives of this feature, I don't see any.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I wasn't a fan of the results being visible at the start of the voting. I *assume* most people voted during that early period, and if there's any chance that seeing the results influenced people's own voting choices (e.g. voting for someone who already had an early lead, on the assumption their first pick was already too far behind to catch up), then I see that as a negative. As for the positives, I don't see any.

I agree. The results should not be known from the start to the end. But I don't see an issue with publishing them after the elections.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending