The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Predicted A*AB will i get into UCL for BEng mech eng?

predicted one grade lower to get into ucl for mech eng, havent heard back since. maybe because there are so many entries. my personal statement was labelled best in the year by head of year but will this be enough to get into ucl despite being 1 grade short?
Reply 1
I know people who have been rejected by UCL for other types of engineering because there predicted was 1 grade too low. Since Mechanical Engineering is a heavily demanded subject, I don't think you will get in since UK universities seem to care about predicted grades more. Sorry this is harsh truth but don't lose hope. If they don't accept you, use this motivation to get A*AA in the real exams then apply next year, if you really want to go to UCL.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
predicted one grade lower to get into ucl for mech eng, havent heard back since. maybe because there are so many entries. my personal statement was labelled best in the year by head of year but will this be enough to get into ucl despite being 1 grade short?
Not sure about your grades, but I do know people who still haven’t heard back even when they were above the requirement so I wouldn’t worry too much yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending