The Student Room Group

Am I being rude to my boyfriend?

Hi guys,
Me and my bf r long distance as he’s at uni like 3 hours away and we don’t call often as we both have busy lives. I work in the evenings and he has uni in the day. However, the days we’ve been free I’ve always asked to call and we have. But when he was drunk last night he kept asking if I could call today and I said “yeah but I have work so we’ll see” and then he said “sorry that’s only if you can be bothered to” and then I said “maybe we’ll see as I finish really late”. then he just said “yay” thinking we are.
I have to get up at 6am every morning for my dog as my family go out to work and school and so don’t get a lot of sleep and I work long hours later on.
I don’t exactly want to call so late at night. Is this rude ?
Reply 1
I’m also ill bearing in mind and my voice is basically gone so I don’t feel up to calling at the moment.
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys,
Me and my bf r long distance as he’s at uni like 3 hours away and we don’t call often as we both have busy lives. I work in the evenings and he has uni in the day. However, the days we’ve been free I’ve always asked to call and we have. But when he was drunk last night he kept asking if I could call today and I said “yeah but I have work so we’ll see” and then he said “sorry that’s only if you can be bothered to” and then I said “maybe we’ll see as I finish really late”. then he just said “yay” thinking we are.
I have to get up at 6am every morning for my dog as my family go out to work and school and so don’t get a lot of sleep and I work long hours later on.
I don’t exactly want to call so late at night. Is this rude ?

No. Long distance is hard.

You have a busy life. Your family depend on you to walk the dog - it's a legitimate reason. Sounds like your boyfriend could be a bit more appreciative of your schedule. How would he feel if you kept incessantly texting him during his lecture to call? Its a tricky situation to navigate.

Should you call him? No. Could you wake up slightly earlier and call him? Absolutely.

I would say find a time where you guys can call comfortably - even if its only for 5/10/15 minutes. I'd much rather a consistent calling pattern with my partner than infrequent albeit long calls as well as arguments / disagreements about said calls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending