The Student Room Group

If you didn’t like a clothing item from ur partner what would you say or do?

Would you say you’d like to take it back because you don’t like it or would you ask to get something else instead?
(If the jumper was a gift)
Reply 1
It depends how offended your partner would be. Suggesting getting something else that you’d like even more is a softer rejection. Sometimes just accepting a gift you don’t particularly like and wearing it occasionally is a strategy too. It’s the thought that counts after all
Reply 2
Original post by undefined
It depends how offended your partner would be. Suggesting getting something else that you’d like even more is a softer rejection. Sometimes just accepting a gift you don’t particularly like and wearing it occasionally is a strategy too. It’s the thought that counts after all

Yeah it’s because my boyfriend asked if he could get something else but hasn’t made the effort to change it and he will be going back to uni this week so.. and my mum and sister said it was very disrespectful and that I shouldn’t swap his jumper and to just take it back… Is it really that disrespectful to say this?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Would you say you’d like to take it back because you don’t like it or would you ask to get something else instead?
(If the jumper was a gift)

Be appreciative and grateful of it. In a polite and understandable manner voice your preference to make your partner aware of your clothing preference…
Reply 4
Original post by Mohammed_80
Be appreciative and grateful of it. In a polite and understandable manner voice your preference to make your partner aware of your clothing preference…

With my reply to Zarek above, is my mum and sister right about my boyfriend being disrespectful as idk what to think as im so stressed with everything atm!
Reply 5
Yeah it’s because my boyfriend asked if he could get something else but hasn’t made the effort to change it and he will be going back to uni this week so.. and my mum and sister said it was very disrespectful and that I shouldn’t swap his jumper and to just take it back… Is it really that disrespectful to say this?

If you’ve already discussed it with him and agreed to change it then it’s not disrespectful. Get what you want and tell him how pleased you are with the gift
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
If you’ve already discussed it with him and agreed to change it then it’s not disrespectful. Get what you want and tell him how pleased you are with the gift

I did feel upset by it but didn’t say it in case I was going to be shown as rude. I do think it is quite rude - but idk if it’s really that much of a big deal. Or he should be pleased with the gift as it’s to him not me
With my reply to Zarek above, is my mum and sister right about my boyfriend being disrespectful as idk what to think as im so stressed with everything atm!

Oh definitely
Reply 8
I did feel upset by it but didn’t say it in case I was going to be shown as rude. I do think it is quite rude - but idk if it’s really that much of a big deal. Or he should be pleased with the gift as it’s to him not me

I’m a bit lost as to what happened now. Did you buy the gift for him and he said he didn’t like it?
Reply 9
Original post by Zarek
I’m a bit lost as to what happened now. Did you buy the gift for him and he said he didn’t like it?

Yes that’s what happened
Reply 10
Yes that’s what happened

I agree this is rude. It’s the thought that counts. Tell him to stick it up his bottom 🙂
Reply 11
Original post by Zarek
I agree this is rude. It’s the thought that counts. Tell him to stick it up his bottom 🙂

Thank you and there’s some small things happening and I just feel stressed and he can be sweet at times but most of the time i feel like he doesn’t care enough about my feelings. I’m talking to him now about how I feel so thanks for your advice because I don’t have many people to talk to about this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending