The Student Room Group

Can i get into medical school without national 5 biology/chemistry

I plan on doing crash higher biology/chemistry but didn't do national 5. Would this affect my chances of getting into medical school?
Original post by 0ctoo
I plan on doing crash higher biology/chemistry but didn't do national 5. Would this affect my chances of getting into medical school?

If you end up with the grades you need in them both (A or B I presume), then I don't see why it would! Universities don't pay much if any attention to N5s, it's highers and advanced highers they want, especially for medicine. The only thing would be if you're crashing it in S6? In which case you would only have your predicteds and I'm not sure how unis would respond to that.
Reply 2
Original post by seashells7
If you end up with the grades you need in them both (A or B I presume), then I don't see why it would! Universities don't pay much if any attention to N5s, it's highers and advanced highers they want, especially for medicine. The only thing would be if you're crashing it in S6? In which case you would only have your predicteds and I'm not sure how unis would respond to that.
Thank you! I plan on crashing it in S5 so it sounds like everything should be okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending