The Student Room Group

Undergraduate Medicine as second degree

Hi, I am applying for funding for 5 year medicine as a second degree. I am aware i am only eligible for a maintenance loan under normal circumstances but my 1st degree is an accelerated 2yr course , does this inpact on my eligibility for tuition fees? or would I still be ineligible for tuition despite my first degree being accelerated?
Original post by Agneta B
Hi, I am applying for funding for 5 year medicine as a second degree. I am aware i am only eligible for a maintenance loan under normal circumstances but my 1st degree is an accelerated 2yr course , does this inpact on my eligibility for tuition fees? or would I still be ineligible for tuition despite my first degree being accelerated?
Hi there,

From the information you've told me, you would most likely be blocked for Tuition Fee support due to your previous study. I would advise for you to contact us directly so we can check your previous study and your eligibility for funding for the Medicine course. You can either, access the live chat function on your online account, or by calling 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
From the information you've told me, you would most likely be blocked for Tuition Fee support due to your previous study. I would advise for you to contact us directly so we can check your previous study and your eligibility for funding for the Medicine course. You can either, access the live chat function on your online account, or by calling 0300 100 0607.
Thanks, Ross
Thank you for getting back to me. But when you say “blocked” do you mean I wouldn’t have the option to choose to apply for tuition support during my application at all OR you mean after I send it in, my application for tuition support will be denied?
Original post by Agneta B
Thank you for getting back to me. But when you say “blocked” do you mean I wouldn’t have the option to choose to apply for tuition support during my application at all OR you mean after I send it in, my application for tuition support will be denied?
Hi Agneta,

The system would block Tuition Fees after you have applied due to the previous study, which means it won't be paid.

Thanks
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending