The Student Room Group

Applying to medicine (please help!)

Hi all! I have just finished my second year reading biomedical science at King's College London and looking to apply for medicine in October. Fortunately, I will be able to fund an undergraduate course, so I will not be applying to any grad medicine courses (plus I do not think I have good enough stats to consider grad med). I was wondering if my stats are competitive for medicine. At GCSE, I obtained 999888866 (one of those 6s was in maths, but my sciences were 888 and English lit and lang 9,8 respectively). At A-level, I obtained AAA in biology, chemistry, and history. In my undergraduate degree at KCL, I am on track to obtain a 1st class. I averaged 80% in my first year, although this does not count to my final degree classification, and 74% in my second year. I am studying for the UCAT at the moment and aiming to get around 2900. I am hoping to apply to undergrad med at KCL, Queen Mary, and am undecided about my remaining two choices. Perhaps St Georges and Warwick. I definitely do not want to do the BMAT. I would greatly appreciate any advice on my situation. Thank you.
That's ridiculous, those stats are good enough for grad entry med.
*I know that med at Warwick is a grad course, but with >100 spaces, it is much less competitive than others*
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
That's ridiculous, those stats are good enough for grad entry med.

Are you a medical student? I was told otherwise by many people including my tutor
Original post by cutelilpapiclown
Are you a medical student? I was told otherwise by many people including my tutor

I'm doing grad entry medicine, so yeah.
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
I'm doing grad entry medicine, so yeah.

What were your stats and where do you study? If you don’t mind sharing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending