The Student Room Group

Social Work

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bipsy
Thank you hun, well done for being offered a place on the course. Are you from Manchester?

No im acc from bolton greater manchester just 10 minutes away from salford. Wbu?
Reply 21
Original post by sarahjane2
No im acc from bolton greater manchester just 10 minutes away from salford. Wbu?

I'm 5 minutes away from Middleton, I live in blackley so I'm 20 minutes away from the city centre and 5/10 minutes from the city centre to the university, I really hope I am offered a place.
Hey thank u sm for your help, i still was very nervous for some reason but i ended up getting an offer a few hours after my interview even tho i kept blanking out😭

Ahhhh!!! Congrats that’s good 🫶🏽🫶🏽🫶🏽
Reply 23
Original post by Bipsy
I'm 5 minutes away from Middleton, I live in blackley so I'm 20 minutes away from the city centre and 5/10 minutes from the city centre to the university, I really hope I am offered a place.
Dont worry too much the interview process wasn't hard at all so you'll probably be offered a place, good luck and hopefully see u at salford!!🤍🤍
Reply 24
Dont worry too much the interview process wasn't hard at all so you'll probably be offered a place, good luck and hopefully see u at salford!!🤍🤍

Thank you hun
Hey! Thank u so much i had my interview and got an offer!!

Hey, @sarahjane2!

CONGRATS! 🥳

Katie 😀 (Offical Salford Rep)
For set A they asked me what skills do you need to be a social worker. Set B they asked what experience do you have and why did u pick social work. Set C they asked if im aware of discrimination or what I know about discrimination regarding social work? something along those lines. She then asked what im looking forward to learn about during the course. I also think she asked why im passionate about social work? Something related to that im so sorry I forgot. Then she made me read a case study about a 17 year old wanting to move out and live independently after living in a care home her whole life. The question at the bottom was what advice I would give to her. Im not sure if these are the questions that they will definitely ask you as Ive heard they do switch the interview questions each time to make it fair but id recommend to do your research to answer those cause they always come up in any interview! If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask. I was really really nervous and kept blanking out i thought i wouldnt get an offer on my way home and got sad but i actually did so don't stress too much like i did😭

Hi did you apply do BA or masters?
Original post by Cocomelon2021
Hi did you apply do BA or masters?

BA x
Reply 28
BA x

I had my interview Wednesday last week and I have been offered a place on the course.
Original post by Bipsy
I had my interview Wednesday last week and I have been offered a place on the course.

Congratulations
Reply 30
Original post by Cocomelon2021
Congratulations

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest