The Student Room Group

Reporting an applicant?

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a situation I am currently in. I am currently in different group chats for university and there is another applicant there who keeps harassing me and honestly ruining my experience on these group chats. I know that it would be easier to just leave the group chats but I don’t want to do this because one person is preventing me from getting to know other people who could potentially be on my course. He has said a lot of degrading things to me and of course I have evidence of this and has said some really disturbing things as well including mentions of performing sexual assault (not to me specifically but in general) and harassing 17 year olds (he is significantly older) and him being an aspiring medical student and future doctor I find this very very concerning. He has also stalked my accounts on other platforms to find information on my statistics and shared these to the group chats including my low GCSEs and UCAT score as a way to mock and humiliate me. I would also like to iterate that this is not only happening to me and many other applicants as well where one example is them body shaming another girl. This also happened in the previous cycle where group chats were also made which led to him getting kicked out so I know this isn’t something that has only recently started and I am worried that this will continue into university with other students. Is this something that should be reported? I can also completely understand the potential consequences however if you saw the screenshots I have I believe you would also be disgusting at some of the things that were said. Also am I being unreasonable and taking this way out of proportion because I know other people do believe that we should be doing this but maybe an outsider perspective would be helpful? Thank you in advance and I appreciate you reading this long post :smile:
Reply 1
Report it to the police as it falls under malicious communications, with screenshots as evidence.

Don't understand how he can't be blocked from the chats, though...
I'd definitely report it.

As above, it's potentially more of a police matter but you can also report it to the relevant admissions teams. They might be limited in what they can do, (depending on where the GC has been set up, it may be difficult for them to prove who is behind the messages/screename), but if they have a record then they should be on their radar.
Original post by Surnia
Report it to the police as it falls under malicious communications, with screenshots as evidence.
Don't understand how he can't be blocked from the chats, though...
Unfortunately he is the admin of one of the main gcs so holds the power and he has friends on the admin team on the other ones. But thank you for your reply I really appreciate it!
Original post by Admit-One
I'd definitely report it.
As above, it's potentially more of a police matter but you can also report it to the relevant admissions teams. They might be limited in what they can do, (depending on where the GC has been set up, it may be difficult for them to prove who is behind the messages/screename), but if they have a record then they should be on their radar.
Thank you for your reply, I’ll definitely take this into consideration!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending