The Student Room Group

Are A Level subjects considered Honors in University of California application?

I am now filling my UC application and i have to write my school grades. There, IB and AP are considered Honors, but there isn't anything written about A Levels. A Levels are considered harder than APs so they should be noted as Honors, but again there is nothing about it on the internet. Please help!
Original post by MehdiR
there is nothing about it on the internet

I disagree:

British system
Admission requirement

You must complete at least 5 IGCSE/GCSE/GCE O-Levels, and at least 3 academic GCE A-Level exams to be considered for admission. Report your subjects and grades (if available) on the International Exams page of the application, under the Test Scores tab (step 4 of 5). If you sat for the same subject more than once, you must report the grades earned from each sitting.

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/admission-requirements/international-applicants/applying-for-admission/freshman-requirements-country.html#british
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
I disagree:

British system
Admission requirement

You must complete at least 5 IGCSE/GCSE/GCE O-Levels, and at least 3 academic GCE A-Level exams to be considered for admission. Report your subjects and grades (if available) on the International Exams page of the application, under the Test Scores tab (step 4 of 5). If you sat for the same subject more than once, you must report the grades earned from each sitting.

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/admission-requirements/international-applicants/applying-for-admission/freshman-requirements-country.html#british

I did find that link before, but there is nothing about whether or not i should put it as honors class or not. As AP and IB classes are considered honors, i do not see why A Levels shouldn’t be considered as Honors classes, but there was no info about it anywhere.
Original post by MehdiR
I did find that link before, but there is nothing about whether or not i should put it as honors class or not. As AP and IB classes are considered honors, i do not see why A Levels shouldn’t be considered as Honors classes, but there was no info about it anywhere.

As long as it's "on the International Exams page of the application" then you've done it correctly as far as the information provided by the university is concerned. :smile:
Original post by MehdiR

The honors classes bit is for US applicants; as they have honors versions of classes and normal ones. We don't have that distinction. As above just list them as is and they will know what they are and what it means.

I assure you the UCs get plenty of applicants from many countries including the UK, they are very familiar with the qualifications you are offering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending