The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University Of Glasgow Scots Law Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonymous8876

what were your grades? We’re you contextual and did you do reach ect?

I have 3As & a B doing two more highers this year predicted AA and an advanced higher predicted B I did the reach course and 23 on lnat , not bothered don’t think would have firmed Glasgow anyway
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by LennoxLH
I just got a rejections as well

same :/
Original post by AoMc
same :/

stats ect?
Reply 63
Original post by Anonymous #4
stats ect?

eh i got 4As and a B last yr and im doing 2 Ahs and one higher this yr both predicted at A, did the top up scheme aswell as i was a young carer and flagged postcode, received exemption for the lnat as i had to have surgery which left me in hospital for a month
Reply 64
Original post by AoMc
eh i got 4As and a B last yr and im doing 2 Ahs and one higher this yr both predicted at A, did the top up scheme aswell as i was a young carer and flagged postcode, received exemption for the lnat as i had to have surgery which left me in hospital for a month

although i did apply for exemption and received it i think thats what killed my application tbh
Original post by AoMc

query it bc that’s incorrect
Reply 66
query it bc that’s incorrect

what do you mean?
Original post by AoMc
what do you mean?

u can contact the uni i tjink
Reply 68
Original post by AoMc

You honestly need to query that. You've done more than enough and you are priority 1 so it is likely they have just overlooked your lnat exemption. Contact the young carer team as well as the WP team. Good luck!!
Reply 69
Original post by Ang04
You honestly need to query that. You've done more than enough and you are priority 1 so it is likely they have just overlooked your lnat exemption. Contact the young carer team as well as the WP team. Good luck!!

I will definitely look into it thank you! I had an issue with Strathclyde that I think may be what’s happened here. I missed out the box on my UCAS application for being a young carer as currently i’m not (my mum passed last year). Strathclyde had said that because I had not ticked that box they couldn’t consider my application as contextual. I will contact Glasgow right now but will they not be off on Easter break?
Reply 70
Original post by AoMc
I will definitely look into it thank you! I had an issue with Strathclyde that I think may be what’s happened here. I missed out the box on my UCAS application for being a young carer as currently i’m not (my mum passed last year). Strathclyde had said that because I had not ticked that box they couldn’t consider my application as contextual. I will contact Glasgow right now but will they not be off on Easter break?

So sorry you lost your mum, you've done so well to get your grades despite this. So, you need to be verified as a carer, that means you need to have it backed up by your local carer centre. You need to register with them and they will do a supporting letter. I believe you need to do this by the end of May. If you look at the WP criteria on the website and go to the young carer section then it will guide you.

What post code are you under? There is SIMD 20 which is priority 1 and SIMD 40 priority 2. It says priority 1 candidates are guaranteed an offer if they meet the lower requirements, priority 2 candidates are prioritised. I don't know what they mean exactly by guaranteed offer but certainly being a verified carer puts you in priority 1. I would email the care team and the WP team and enquire with them. Ask them to please review you application again given that you have met the grades despite all you went through. If you didn't tick the box on the UCAS application they won't know. Tell them you are getting verified as a carer and that you were exempt from the LNAT. Remember, you were a carer when you were studying for you Highers.

Email them asap. It doesn't matter if it's not picked up till Tuesday, get the ball rolling. I think you will have a very good shot at getting this sorted. I have everything crossed for you.
Reply 71
Original post by Ang04
So sorry you lost your mum, you've done so well to get your grades despite this. So, you need to be verified as a carer, that means you need to have it backed up by your local carer centre. You need to register with them and they will do a supporting letter. I believe you need to do this by the end of May. If you look at the WP criteria on the website and go to the young carer section then it will guide you.
What post code are you under? There is SIMD 20 which is priority 1 and SIMD 40 priority 2. It says priority 1 candidates are guaranteed an offer if they meet the lower requirements, priority 2 candidates are prioritised. I don't know what they mean exactly by guaranteed offer but certainly being a verified carer puts you in priority 1. I would email the care team and the WP team and enquire with them. Ask them to please review you application again given that you have met the grades despite all you went through. If you didn't tick the box on the UCAS application they won't know. Tell them you are getting verified as a carer and that you were exempt from the LNAT. Remember, you were a carer when you were studying for you Highers.
Email them asap. It doesn't matter if it's not picked up till Tuesday, get the ball rolling. I think you will have a very good shot at getting this sorted. I have everything crossed for you.

okay okay thank you so much, I will get to that straight away
Original post by AoMc
okay okay thank you so much, I will get to that straight away

I hope you get it sorted AoMc and so sorry about your mum, you've did amazingly well to achieve what you have x
Sorry to the people who got rejected yesterday 😕 hope you have/get other offers!
Original post by AoMc

IMG_2140.jpg directly from ggow live chat.
Reply 75
IMG_2140.jpg directly from ggow live chat.

that’s brilliant thank you. The wording always seemed very vague to me when it said “guaranteed an adjusted offer” but that helps clarify it. Universities closed for easter but ill get in contact with them when they reopen and ill update you all. Thanks for all the help guys
Original post by MollieMcKezie
Sorry to the people who got rejected yesterday 😕 hope you have/get other offers!

Yes think I am going either Dundee or stirling really liked them at their open day
should i query my rejection: i am priority 1 (young carer) but have not been able to complete reach ect as my school don’t offer it. I have 4A’s and 2B’s, 27 LNAT and relevant work experience. I had some previous issues with UCAS correctly uploading my grades and i’d had to upload them via the portal (which was supposed to be noted on my application), had stupidly applied to both scot’s and common. Both rejections came in at the same minute so something seems off.
Reply 78
Original post by Anonymous #4
should i query my rejection: i am priority 1 (young carer) but have not been able to complete reach ect as my school don’t offer it. I have 4A’s and 2B’s, 27 LNAT and relevant work experience. I had some previous issues with UCAS correctly uploading my grades and i’d had to upload them via the portal (which was supposed to be noted on my application), had stupidly applied to both scot’s and common. Both rejections came in at the same minute so something seems off.

Did you get verified as a carer? I absolutely would query that, it does say guaranteed offer for priority 1. Just check that you meet the additional requirements. You don't need to have completed REACH, not all schools do it. They would ask you to complete summer school. Good luck !
Original post by Ang04
Did you get verified as a carer? I absolutely would query that, it does say guaranteed offer for priority 1. Just check that you meet the additional requirements. You don't need to have completed REACH, not all schools do it. They would ask you to complete summer school. Good luck !

i am a verified cater yes. I am immensely confused

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending