The Student Room Group

Advice needed for future

I need advice on what to do. I am in Year 12 and i am currently studying Double IT CTEC and Applied Science at 6th form. I don't really want to do these subjects, rather i wanted to do actual A levels. I wanted to do Maths, Comp Sci and Biology but i didnt get the grades for it. I now need help on what todo in the future as i dont enjoy what i doing right now.

My gcses:
Maths: 5
Combined science higher: 54
English Lit: 4
English Lang: 5
History : 6
Geography: 5
Computer science: 4

Shall i resit my Gcses and stay back a year?

i wanted to pursue a career in either comp sci or medicine, honestly wish i took my GCSEs more seriously because I didn't revise or nothing.

I am genuinely confused on what to do and some advice would be great.

Thanks!
Focus on passing your maths and English first.
Original post by masmahrami
I need advice on what to do. I am in Year 12 and i am currently studying Double IT CTEC and Applied Science at 6th form. I don't really want to do these subjects, rather i wanted to do actual A levels. I wanted to do Maths, Comp Sci and Biology but i didnt get the grades for it. I now need help on what todo in the future as i dont enjoy what i doing right now.
My gcses:
Maths: 5
Combined science higher: 54
English Lit: 4
English Lang: 5
History : 6
Geography: 5
Computer science: 4
Shall i resit my Gcses and stay back a year?
i wanted to pursue a career in either comp sci or medicine, honestly wish i took my GCSEs more seriously because I didn't revise or nothing.
I am genuinely confused on what to do and some advice would be great.
Thanks!

medicine is slightly a diff story but comp sci is different, you can do it without a degree, granted you need to knowledge but it still is very possible. if you are thinking about high paying jobs its difficult but if you are talented enough in the field with good projects you can make it.

Quick Reply

Latest