The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Conditional offer from imperial college london

I'm meeting Subject specific grade requirements of my conditional offer but missing overall points by 1 in my diploma. Does this mean a rejection or classification as a near miss?
You’d be classified as a near miss and it’d be at Imperial’s discretion whether to accept you or not.

Are these for IB scores? If so, it might be worth checking with your centre that they’ve been released to Imperial to make a decision.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
You’d be classified as a near miss and it’d be at Imperial’s discretion whether to accept you or not.

Are these for IB scores? If so, it might be worth checking with your centre that they’ve been released to Imperial to make a decision.

Yes these are IB. They would have been released automatically to them yesterday.
Reply 3
I understand that they'll only let me know in August when the A levels results come in and not before that.
Original post by Nk2002
Yes these are IB. They would have been released automatically to them yesterday.

Not all IB centres select to share results with UCAS.
You need to check with your centre or with Imperial to see if they have received your results.
Original post by Nk2002
I understand that they'll only let me know in August when the A levels results come in and not before that.

Did they tell you that personally?

Many universities will make decisions on near miss applications through July and August. Ring them tomorrow - ask if they have your results and when they will notify you of their decision through ucas.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Did they tell you that personally?

Many universities will make decisions on near miss applications through July and August. Ring them tomorrow - ask if they have your results and when they will notify you of their decision through ucas.

Oh ok thanks let me give it a try
Reply 7
Original post by Nk2002
I'm meeting Subject specific grade requirements of my conditional offer but missing overall points by 1 in my diploma. Does this mean a rejection or classification as a near miss?

same boat as me! I met all conditional offers for subject requirements but missed my overall points 41 instead of 42. I am for Chem Eng. how about you?
I did email them and they said i need to wait once A level result released for reconsiderarion phase.
Reply 8
Do imperial notify you through email if you are considered a near miss applicant?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending